1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

[Mod] Icewind Dale 2: Special Edition 27.00

Bugfixes, HD ready GUI, new abilities, new items and new content.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Resourceful

Lord Ergonpandilus updated Icewind Dale 2: Special Edition with a new update entry:

Hotfix! Crash fix, bugfixes, new graphics and more loot

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. gibberishh Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    This is not a request, just a comment. I wish someone would re-develop IWD2 on the IWDEE engine (or BGEE engine as it is more commonly referred to). I like IWD2 but prefer the 2E ruleset. Specifically dislike all the extra thinking that goes into player development (skills and feats).

Finally, wouldn't it be bloody awesome if one were able to bring an IWD party into IWD2 -- just as one brings protagonist/s over from BG1 to BG2, possibly gaining HLAs late in IWD2, and all the jazz that goes with it? And I MUCH prefer backstab to sneak attack.

4. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Try out the mod and new rogue's Death Attack. It's somewhat similar to backstab...

gibberishh likes this.
  5. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Lord Ergonpandilus updated Icewind Dale 2: Special Edition with a new update entry:

Icewind Dale II: Special Edition v19.0 Full Package

6. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Icewind Dale II: Special Edition v20.0 Full Package

7. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Icewind Dale II: Special Edition v21.0 Full Package

8. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

9. Gurgugnao Gems: 1/31

Hello! First of all, I love your Special Edition. I came back playing IWD2 after some years with to try it. Nice job!
    I noticed that armor check penalties are not applied to hide, move silently and pick pocket checks if you are proficient with the armor type. As per manual (or as far as I remember the last time I played IWD2) armor check penalties should be applied to this 3 skills independently of armor proficiency. Is it some feature of your Edition or some other bug?
    Thank you :)

10. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

11. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

This is engine bug/feature as far as I can tell. It gets even worse with shields, but I've managed to fix the descriptions to match with the actual effect.

Similarly, many magical armors were reported to give no penalty or lesser penalty than non-magical, but actually all of them give the same penalty. And many spells and descriptions have had wrong info. This has been also fixed in the item descriptions strings.

The manual gets many other things wrong too that are implemented differently in the engine. If memory serves, even the wizard opposite schools are wrong in the manual.

There are numerous small fixes also in the IWD2: Special Edition that are not listed in the changelog (because I forgot) and some of them are like these.

I'm glad you enjoy this "forgotten gem" that I think has aged better than NWN.

12. Gurgugnao Gems: 1/31

Thank you very much for your answer :)

I played your mod until Underdark and, if it can help your precious work, I observed two minor bugs:

1) The portrait and description of Improved Invisibility state is that of Helm's Shield. On my own, I looked at it with DLTCEP and possibily it is due to an overlap of frames listed in STATES.bam and STATES2.bam. The frame codes in the original file are 141, but they should be 144 as per the opcode #142 (https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/opcodes/iwd2.htm). Thus, 3 frames are missing in the list, but somehow the game still use them. Indeed, in the opcode #142 list portrait number 144 is Improved Invisibility, while in your STATES.bam and STATES2.bam is Helm's Shield. Maybe it is an overlap and your lists should start from frame 145?

2) Some merchants (Beodaewn, Myrvek) have unidentified items that crash the game when you buy them. Also, some items with charges are sold for 1 gp, probably because they were added to the store discharged.

Hope to be of help and thank you once again!

13. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

This is the one semeticgodess worked on yeah? Been ages since we talked, wonder how she’s doing.

i think its complete enough for me to try this now. 12+ years of loving all thing IE and never did beat it.

14. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Thank you for the bugreport.

1) This happened, because opcodes 142-144 didn't had unique icons and I accidently replaced them. Now (in v.24) it's fixed and those have unique portrait icon.
    2) I did find actually one error from Myrvek store, but I double checked Beodaewn earlier and it works. I think I already fixed at some earlier update.

You can update to the new version, but your spellbooks might need some DaleKeeper, since the spell-ids are changed (if you use much older version).

What I tried to achive here was to polish, complete and fix the game - not to alter it, not to change the ruleset nor make an overhaul.

I did add new parties, new spells and new items, but most of them are from the original TSR rulebooks and adventures. I also followed the existing graphics style and old 80s-90s TSR style as much as possible.

Class system was updated and the balance was kept, so that that I added abilities and spells to those who were lacking, like druids received many new spells - even some high level spells, but all the classes receive something new. I used the official spell tables to pick new spells to implement into game and use some of the existing previously unused visual effects. But by no means I didn't want to change the game or ruleset. Perhaps I was even too religious about it at times! Thus, many of the new additions are "rubbish spells" (like Known Alignment), "weak items" (padded armor, katar, plain helmets etc.) and other items that add more roleplay to the game than powers up the characters. Only few high level spells and abilities were added to make the high level gameplay more interesting.

I did add some traps, but also added experience bonus from disarming them. I added some new items to the shops, but also some enemies received minor puffs. The game should be the same.

I hope you enjoy the return to the Icewind Dale. It's a good game.

15. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Felipe likes this.
  16. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

17. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Felipe likes this.
  18. Makehastes Gems: 1/31

I must echo the sentiment. This is a really good mod.

I have two issues I am seeing. Animate dead doesn’t appear to work for my neutral evil cleric, but the new water spell does (good clerics only)

also, I had issues with the game crashing when trying to buy weapons from The werewolf (unnamed item expensive).

Thanks for working on this mod.

19. Lord Ergonpandilus Gems: 1/31

Resourceful

Thank you for the feedback.

I fixed the Hour of The Wolf +1 item (werewolf item), but I could not reproduce Animate Dead spell issue with evil clerics. It did have some issue with 5th level wizard spell Animate Dead which is now also fixed with v.27.

What race, level and type of the cleric did you had?

20. Makehastes Gems: 1/31

Human dread master level 5

I also notice that I am getting bam crashes with Some multi class level ups.
    Notably monk to Druid. Maybe a sprite change issue.

The item issue is specifically a rapier and katana that are not identified in the werewolf priest in chapter 2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.