1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale 2 Forum Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Feb 6, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Tiamat)

Kevin Osburn, Line Producer

Thac0 and Negative AC:
    Both of those have been removed. Believe me, I know....I made the changes

Mp3 Release: We will probably be releasing at least one .mp3 at some point in time, just don't know when yet. As soon as I find out I will update everybody.

Summoned Monsters: Summoned monsters will not turn hostile if you start attacking them.

Importing: You will unfortunately not be able to import your IWD characters into IWD2.

Load Times: We are trying to cut down on the load times, but currently we aren't sure if they will be better than previous IE games.

Game size: Icewind Dale 2 will be on 2 CD's.

Extreme mode: Enemies hit harder, and have a few more hitpoints.

J.E. Sawyer, Lead Designer

Will the game have a subtitle?
    Nope. It's just Icewind Dale 2.

Inventory and Weapons: Currently, inventory and weapon slots work as they did in IWD:HoW.

Game Timeline: IWD2 takes place around 1310 DR, which is after IWD, but several decades before the Time of Troubles.

Kits: We could implement fifty more kits -- just not in the time available for us. The little wild mage code we have is incomplete. That's my understanding of it, anyway. We would essentially be building it from scratch.

Playing as a Drow: The very first people you encounter in Targos (besides the captain of the Wicked Wench) are two guards. If you walk up to them with a drow, they immediately assume that you're part of the attacking force. You can convince them that you are there to help, but their initial reaction is the assumption that you're an evil bad monster. Some people respond with more obvious hatred.

Will there be romances/sex in IWD? No and no.

Will we have dual-wield? Yes.

Will we have weapon styles like BG2? Yes.

And if the answer to those two is yes, will thieves have dual-wield properly implemented? Yes.

IWD2 Rules: If you are skeptical about how the rules are being mixed, wait for the game to be released and read reviews to see if it seems worthwhile.

Goblins: The worgs and their goblin riders are one creature. Think of them like the mounted units in Age of Empires. You're essentially trying to kill a fast, tough goblin with a ranged melee attack (the spear).

Monster Models: A few monster models were brought over from Torn, I believe. Jason Manley left the company a few months ago and now works for Troika.

Will any race/class combo be allowed? This is a possibility.

Human Racial Characteristics: Currently, humans have a slight bonus to their XP. This may grow in value if multi/dual-class options are opened up.

Exotic Races: We have a copy of the 3E Forgotten Realms Player's Handbook. That's what we're basing the tieflings and aasimar off of.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.