1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I Need a New Mobile

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Uytuun, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think I'll give one a whirl, Chandos. The N95 just doesn't compare with the Viewty and iPhone I reckon. The problem is, the N95 is packed out with useless features you'll never in a million years use. I mean, who needs a barcode scanner on their phone... ? And the SatNav functionality is crap on it... but even if it was red hot, I still wouldn't use it. I'd just GET a SatNav! They still sell for £175 I hear, too.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Chandos, my former boss was kind enough to lend me his own iPhone for a few days in order to write a review about it in RCB, and while I do think the iPhone is a hit and miss, for a first offering, it's not that bad. Jobs and Apple COULD become a player in the phone industry, but it's difficult to pierce in the said industry, especially for new players.

Lower the iPhone pricing, improve it, and then we'll see.

That being said, I want nothing to do with Apple, so I'll stick with the tried, tested and true Nok. The 6275i's music player was good enough to replace my Creative.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's funny that you bash on my love for Samsung phones, while you clearly have love only for Nokia... :hmm: Maybe Samsung sends all their defective phones to Eastern Canada where they can be forgotten. :p :evil:

After our experience with Nokia, I never looked any further at their phones or at Sprint...so I didn't know that. :bad: :rolling:

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Kit - Well, the Sprint guys like to push Sanyo, but I know a lot of them who also have Samsung. They have a decent selection of Samsung phones, and they seem to work pretty well. I knew several people with A900's who thought they were just great.

I know a few T-Mobile guys who like to push Samsung and they seem pretty happy with them. I really liked my Sprint LG, but despise the way they do things, which is why I am with ATT now. I'm sure you are much happier with T-Mobile as well. I started with a Sony-Erikson, and I agree with DotW, it was not a very good phone. But my Samsung has been pretty good.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The Sprint guys are right to push Sanyo, because they're outstanding phones. I own a Sanyo 3100 & a 8100 (lended to my brother) and both phones are awesome phones. Both hold a very good signal in my flat which is a dead spot between two 1900MHz cells. The 3100's sound quality is matched only by my LG VX3200 and Nok 6275i. Sanyo phones are built like tanks too... my brother uses my 8100, and he's a phone-killer. The 8100 is battered, scratched, but it still works like a brand new one.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.