1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I just realized Monks are not too powerfull

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Shadow, Jul 14, 2001.

1. The Shadow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Just today out of pure bordom I pitted my characters against each other in 1 on 1 combat, my monk as I expected won a few battles. But when I came up against the almighty be it insane mince I was hammered here are a few things about them.

Minsce:
    AC:-5
    dual wielding celestial fury and crom freya
    level one below max
    My Monk
    AC:-10 (including ring of kangaxx and stuff)
    Weapon: his fists
    level 21
    Explain why the insane minsce can beat my monk if monks are supposed to be so powerful.

2. ayecapitan Guest

[​IMG] Tymora's favor was with him.

3. shadowboxer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] yeah, I just think that minsc got a little lucky. I've done those sorts of things before and with a palm or stunning fist most characters are helpless or dead.
    minsc is good, but a monk usually wins, unless kensai/mage comes around.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well Minsc was wielding maybe the two most powerful weapons in the so i dont think its that strange.
    what i thought was strange was Minscs high AC. did you fight without armor?
    And there is always a small chance in everything everything rolls so therotichally can a Kobold win in one on one against a lvl 20 monk if the rolls are extreme.

5. Gonff Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I heartily agree with joacqin. Minsc had the best weapons and your monk was hurt.

6. SPROUTY Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

but the problem with the monk is that he looks like somone who fell outta the ugly tree an hit every branch on the way down. great animations though.

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

What? Your not talking about the monks paper doll being ugly are you? Because it's one of my more favorite ones. I like the monk look with blue and brwon colors. And yes monk animations are great!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.