1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I had no IDEA!

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Llandon, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

...I didn't really appreciate the scope of NWN until I started reading some of these threads. I am very interested in joining the AORTA guild as well as ALFA. I played on the ORIGINAL NWN on AOL....but this will obviously be much larger and much more entertaining....the only problem is that I am an "old man" (well not that old). I started playing d&d back in 1979. I have an amaising collection of books and modules, but they are all very out dated now. I haven't played pen and paper ad&d since probably 1987! I know nothing about the third edition rules, and verry little about the Forgotten Realms (outside the BG games and the RA Salvatore novels). I use to play an elf F/M/T in PnP and in all of the BG Games and IWD....but I'm under the impression that 3ed rules are very different. I guess I'm gonna flip through the new Players Handbook and see what it's like....Are the new rules really that different? I'm having trouble letting go of THACO! I guess I really don't have a real question....It's just that I got really excited when I realised how awesome this game is going to be! Is it really going to be as good as it sounds like? If so I hope that there is a place for me in the AORTA guild....it sounds like I'm gonna need a few friends.

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Good to see I'm not the oldest player on the site. I to begin playing during 1st edition and loved 2nd edition even more. But for the past months I have fallen in love with the new 3E rules. They are all a D&D player could ask for, well almost. ;)

I agree you should pick up a 3E PHB but you can also check out the chat we just had on SP about 3E rules. It's undder Games/NWN/Misc on this site. You can also find some of the 3E rules on http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy!

3. Erran Gems: 19/31

Yup, a wide variety of ages and geographic locations - from Slovenia to Hawaii, and we're all going to come together and play this thing. We are getting some 3E practise in through RolePlay corner here and the online sessions, a kind of cyber-table top.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Hawaii!?

Who's from Havaii?

5. Swanic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

who lives in hawaii?

just some wierdo that pops in every now and then

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Nice one Swanic, our most Western (or is that eastern?) member!

7. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Well....You can count on a new member from South Carolina soon....I hope!

I'm really getting excited about this...I need to get the new Players Handbook, and maybe even the FR Campaign setting book. I saw them at Barns and Nobel yesterday, but I think I better buy them through this web site instead. I've been going through my old D&D stuff as of late, but I guess it's all worthless now. Maybe I should go over to EBay and see if it's worth anything.

I guess I need to apply for membership on the ALFA web page first...and then apply for AORTA membership.

Thanks for the link to the 3ed discussion....alot of useful info there.

8. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Athalon is from Hawaii..

9. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Ok, so what's with all these threads that seem to be storytelling in turns?

Erran (he of the AORTA faction?) seems to start most of them. Is this an ongoing RPG exercise, or have some of you started in a little early on the happy weed?

10. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

LOL well i personally dont think it is ever too early to partake in the happy weed.. :D

And yes .. we have two games going right now.. on Wedensdays i believe :)

11. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] We got bored waiting for the game to come out so we started without them :)
    Seriously, its called Roleplay corner, 3E rules in an FR world as close to NWN as we can make it. 2 ways to participate, post on the threads and/or join in the live online sessions in the 'Minstrel's Medallion' - thanks for the name Darien. We have two games running, one for 'euro' players hosted by yours truly and one for US players hosted by Baldak.

12. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

[​IMG] LOL well i personally dont think it is ever too early to partake in the happy weed..

I hear ya Kit!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.