1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I genuinely hate George Bush/rant

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by InquisitorX, Nov 4, 2003.

1. InquisitorX Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Before now I looked at George Bush as little more than an annoyance. Sure, his inability to string together a series of coherent ideas into complete sentences did make me embarassed to be an American, but it never genuinely hurt me. Furthermore, his moronic imperalistic policies and extreme fiscal irresponibilty had been little more than a story on the news for me. But things have recently changed: George Bush's self-serving policies have affected me personally.

Let me get to the point. My roommate, a reservist, was just called into service to help bolster Dick Cheney's stock portfolio. Let it be known that my roommate has the same amount of honor as the Unelected Fraud: none. Four months into a 12 month lease he feels that since he is called into service is no longer obligated to pay for the remaining 8 months of the lease that he agreed to. So, now I'm screwed into paying an extra 3,000 dollars that I do not currently have if I am unable to find a roommate.

I may end up working an additional 20 hours a week to support myself because of Dick Cheney's greed. Unbelievable.

2. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I am sorry to hear about your predicament. Maybe the resources of SP can help you find a new roomate who is...a gamer! But I really have to ask...how can the honor (or lack thereof) of your roommate change your feelings about the honor of a neutral 3rd party. The dictates that affect reservists can be severe, but your roommates failure to deal honorably with you can't possibly change your views of Cheney or Bush! There are actually "hardship" options open that would allow your roommate to draw advance upon thier active service pay to satisfy civilian obligation. Sounds to me like you just have a weasel for a roommate.

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    IX - I too am sorry to hear about your current hardship. I agree with HS, I think you had a weasel for a roommate. I also agree with your feelings about Bush. It doesn't take much courage for these two (Cheney and Bush) to "stay the course" in Iraq, and to say: "America will never run." The fact is that when they had their chance to serve their country during the Vietnam years that is exactly what they did. Everyone knows that, but many don't seem to care.

Someone like John McCain, a republician I really do admire, would have the credentials to talk that kind of tough talk in the face of the recent tragedies in Iraq. But Shrub and Cheney are pretty quick to spend American blood in a war that seems to benefit their corporate cronies.

Bush has a couple of daughters that the biggest problem he has is keeping them out of prison or rehab, while many American parents are sending their sons and daughters to fight "the good fight," in Bush and Cheney's War. :rolleyes:

4. InquisitorX Gems: 4/31

You misunderstand. I've always known that AWOL was a piece of trash with room temperature IQ. I've always had an intense dislike for him, but there was always a disconnect. I think the point of my rant was (who knows really ;) ) that the stuff you see on the news can and does have an effect on people you know, sometimes even yourself. And that is a scary thought considering the truly evil people driving policy direction in this nation (Cheney, Rove, DeLay, Wolfowitz, etc).

edit:
    Chandos, thanks for your reply.

I know my concerns are petty (just $3000) and some people are giving much more, and in some cases everything. But it really disturbs me that every American has the potential to get screwed over at the whim of some chimp-like *IDIOT* who has failed at EVERYTHING he tried to do in his life. He failed as a businessman, he failed as the partner of a baseball club, he failed as a military man, he failed as a father, and he has failed as a President. The fact this mentally-deficient macaque monkey got to where he is is a sad commentary on our society.

And, yes, the ad hominem attacks on Bush ARE necessary.

[ November 04, 2003, 05:43: Message edited by: InquisitorX ]

5. Hacken Slash

Maybe you need to be more selective of roommates in the future! I understand that the current political climate can be a real proving ground. I, even though a conservative, am first a father, and am alarmed by the current directionless approach to the problems in Iraq. What I am saying is that Bush is not deserving of your hate, he is deserving to not receive your vote. As free members of a Representative Republic, you have the ultimate power to shape your government. To coin a phrase...don't get mad, get even (vote).

The real earth shaking news on this thread is Chandos's support for John McCain. Be notified, Chandos, that I am alerting Ragusa and his chums and you will loose your membership in their secret society if you continue to express such Conservative sentiments!

6. InquisitorX Gems: 4/31

So long as Katherine Harris isn't involved in the vote counting (or lack thereof)...

The first election I voted in was the 2000 Presidential election. I voted for the person who won the popular and electoral vote - Al Gore.

More recently I voted to keep Gray Davis in office after some rich Republicans decided they wanted to redo a close election. The actor who replaced him was elected on the platform of "pumping up Sacramento."

As you can see democracy isn't all it's made out to be. :(

7. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Don't know how the Reserves work, but the regular military generally sign leases with the stipulation they may break the lease should they be required to re-locate (military clause). If your friend has done the same thing - then he's right, he has no more obligation.

8. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, I think I may have found an answer to this.

See for yourselves, but be sure to notice all three of the detailed comparison pages, otherwise it would not be a scientific endevour.

I am sure that we will all be on the right wing in this one, if you get my meaning :)

9. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

These days, comparing Bush to chimps insults the chimps. :p

10. Hacken Slash

Manus...you should be ashamed. If you want to insult a member of your ruling authority...go after Prince Willie!

Wait...we're missing the photo of Ronald Reagan and the chimp in "Bedtime for Bonzo"! What kind of crap, hacker site is this! They don't know nuthin' about Conservatives and chimps!!!! :p

[ November 04, 2003, 06:55: Message edited by: Hacken Slash ]

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thanks for your comments Hacknslash, we needed more Bush-bashing here. Quite unique really. :rolleyes:

On the roomie note, if he hasn't shipped out yet, ask him to contact the landlord, sometimes they have to work special concessions for those in the military. You may be able to get out of your lease completely, and then find an apartment or situation that you can afford.

Just think ... wouldn't a tax break help just about now? :lol: :thumb:

[ November 04, 2003, 10:04: Message edited by: Mathetais ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.