1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How well do you sleep?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Hey Silvery, thanks for thinking about me.

This contraption, how good is the sound on it? my mother bought me something similar before which had several sound effects (the ocean, rainfall, wind, and birds) but the sound quality was pretty crap I just ended up laying there thinking "WTF?"

I havent officially been diagnosed with tinnitus but a few people have suggested I have it, noone has ever suggested to me that silence makes it worse, but thinking now, is that why the ringing seems to get louder if there are no other noises around?

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That is a classic sign of tinnitus. I had an ear infection about a year ago, and had ringing in the ears to boot, and it always seemed to get worse when it was quiet - like when I was trying to fall asleep. I went to an ear doctor after about a week when I couldn't take it anymore. He got it cleared up for me pretty quickly - given your age, it's likely something that you can get fixed. Then again, it would not appear that the ringing in your ears is caused by an infection, so it may be harder to correct.

3. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have a terrible sleeping habit. It takes me forever to fall asleep. It's not rare that I find myself still awake at 2-3AM and in some cases, 4AM. And the really bad thing about this was I am tired at around midnight. Soft music and reading doesn't help much either. However, once I'm asleep, it's not easy to wake me up. The alarm needs to ring about a couple of minutes before it gets into my system. And I need that alarm to be a loud ring because I found that if I used the radio, the songs or news would just inject themselves into my dreams. When that happens, it's gonna be an hour before I realize it's the alarm.

4. Shoshino

Media:
    Ive had it as far back as I can remember, its just something Ive always lived with, I had a perforated ear drum when I was a kid, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I'd have to imagine it does. It's definitely something that I'd look into. If it can be cleared up relatively easily, why wouldn't you want to?

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes, it does sound like classic tinnitus. The worst thing for you is to be in complete silence as it allows your brain to focus too much on the noises. If you look up tinnitus on the action on hearing loss (formerly RNID) website, there is a lot of information.

The noise maker is quite good, I hear it and my hearing is dreadful! It's been specifically designed for people who suffer from hearing problems. Plus, all items on the website have a 28 day, no questions asked, money back guarantee.
    You should really try to get a proper diagnosis as you'll be entitled to a lot of help with things like noise makers etc

7. Shoshino

Media:
    yeah, I think I'll book an appointment with my doc

Ive never thought about it, probably because Ive always had it, I thought it was what 'silence' sounded like.... if that doesnt sound stupid?

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Doesn't sound stupid atall.

I sleep terribly, it takes me a long tine to drift off and then I wake up a lot.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    While paradoxical, it doesn't sound stupid. If that's all you ever knew, you'd have no reason to think it wasn't normal.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yup, same issue with hypermobility until I was called back to the hospital for the student doctors to look at and gasp in horror :p

I take a very long time to fall asleep, most nights my mind races (worse in Summer than in Winter), moving from a sitting position to a lying position triggers panic attacks (dysautomnia), then there's the neuropathic and joint pain... and of course, Kev :lol:

He falls asleep in seconds, even mid sentence at times but has a habit of waking up during the night or saying something to me in my sleep which wakes me up...

When I do fall asleep I sleep ridiculously deeply. A couple of friends from school wouldn't let me sleep round theres after the first time because they thought I "died in my sleep" :shake:

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's a pretty typical explanation Shoshino. Not stupid at all, very much the opposite in fact!
    Good luck :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.