1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to rip off your arm?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by ArrynMorgerim, Feb 27, 2003.

1. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Well, I saw a picture where TNO wields his arm as weapon (and the arm is lacking on the regular place of body...).
    How the hell can I do this? (if I can...)

Eh, I mean how can I do this to TNO in the game

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

SPOILER!

Very near the end, in the Fortress of regrets. When you meet previous incarnations one of them (i can't remember which, but you have to talk to them all anyway IIRC) will attack you. He rips of his own arm and attacks you with it. After this you can, IIRC, use the arm as a weapon (though you don't lose your own).

The screenshot you would have seen would have been a previous incarnation TN0 because they all look the same.

3. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31

Hm, interesting. I did not notice this, because my TNO was such a basher that he cut him nearly instantly.

BUT, the screenshot(?) I was writing about was taken from the inventory. No solution, then.

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You also pick up your arm from the sewers/tunnels. When you take it to Fell, he loads up some of the tattoos from it. But you can still wield it as a +1 club.

Club of Arming? :)

5. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

They were originally going to let the player rip off TNOs arm for use as a weapon, but decided not to. So, instead of letting the animation go to waste, they stuck in the part about the Paranoid Incarnation's arm being loose so he would rip it off.

Is this what you saw?;

And no, you cannot use the Paranoid Incarnation's arm as a weapon (but you can use the one ejsmith is talking about).

[ February 28, 2003, 01:15: Message edited by: Platter ]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Whoa!

I've never seen nor remember that. I'm still meaning to get back into Sigil here, one of these days. I have it loaded on the machine still. I've just not gotten enough free time.

7. Platter

Like I said you can't do it in game. It was removed/not implemented.

8. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31

Thanks Platter.
    Exactly this picture... (sigh)

9. Platter

from here;
    "Some of the most original ideas (tear your arm off and beat your adversary with it!) were deemed too violent and gratuitous..."

10. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

So they think that taking out your eye in a very detailed way is less violent than taking your arm off? What a sick world we live in.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] How come in the picture he removes his right arm but the animation removes his left?

Just think that's a bit odd.

12. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31

Like in BG2: My warrior somehow always manages to swap the weapons in his arms when he turns 180 degrees.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] exactly! and mages' dresses seem to as well...

just one thing about the arm though...wouldn't the avatar look strange and wouldn't people react differently?

and what if it fell off as you were runnign along and a dog picked it up and chewed it adnd you chased after the dog and it ran away...

14. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That's because BG2 uses sprite mirroring. It just mirrors half of the avatar. I think it's something you can (de)activate for a performance boost.

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is the link to the picture working for everyone else? Because it's not working here. :(

16. Platter

I took it down. I only have 5mb of webspace.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.