1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to kill Firkraag ? Help !

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Phapylon, Nov 15, 2000.

1. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Any ideas on how to kill the Monster ?
    Iv tried over and over again with the same result, The Dragon droping some big spell killing half my party. How immune is he to magic ?

2. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] What matters in the battle is how immune to magic are your party not him.You can(and must) always cast magic resistance(lvl5 priest spell) on him to lower his res. to %20s.Then you can cast lower res.(lvl5 mage spell) on him but beware he will go hostile. there are no throws against the spells I mentioned nor magic res. effects them any way.So you can fight a dragon with % 0- 10 magic resistance.My advice would be to blast him with holy...(lvl 3 priest spell) while letting your tanks(who drank magic resistance potions or wielding Carsomyr) take the damage it deals.You shouldn't have much problem if things go right.good luck...

3. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Not to be picky, but how would they be wielding Carsomyr if you are just now fighting Firkraag?

Just a thought...

(a little overzealous with ShadowKeeper?)

4. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Firkraag is not the one to be using spells on, i suggest 2 good attackers, summons will do you good if you keep them spread because it takes him 1 round or so to cast death spell, and no matter what you summon, he will use use the death spell no matter what. Minsc with the Talking sword is a good choice, maybe another attacker with a +3 axe
    then maybe another attack with the dragon stuff you just got. (some spells from your mages, maybe chant, bless, holy stregnth (Jahiera or Victora) Insect plague (level 6 druid spell Jahiera has) this is for a level 10-11 party btw.

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Additionally many use the 'surround and conquer' method. Which does work well. I also use (consistently throughout the game) scrolls/spell for Power Word Silence, Breach and Summon Nishruu/Hasheakar. For a 'mammoth' of an opponent like FirKraag you may wish to shut him up with a 'Power Word Silence'. That way he can't cast any spells. You may even have to do this twice in the battle due to him casting 'Vocalize'.

If you don't have one 'super' fighter then have one or two of your characters who can hit well attack him up front while others offer 'support aid' at a distance. Aid offered such as healing, summoning Nishruu/Hasheakar, Breaching, Missle weapons and the like.

6. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Actually a good method is casting 5-10 cloudkills and then pumping him full with magic missiles, this actually worked cause his resistance only helped him sometimes.
    ...Then summoning aloy of monsters....
    This worked for me at last. thanks for the advice. !

7. anybodey_9901 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Surround Firkraag and cast defensive spells then cast insect swarm to try stop him from casting spell (that will bother) and try to kill him... :)

[This message has been edited by anybodey_9901 (edited November 16, 2000).]

8. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

Phapylon, its not a smart idea to brag about that tactic, because its the most lame way to fight in the whole game.

9. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Nice point taken Amon-Ra.I thought the sword found just before was Carsomyr but now I remember it was Dragonslayer...2 palas with Carsomyr's is possible in the second running though(which now I have as my front fighters)

10. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

Not to insist on my idea but why you guys aren't using magic against dragons?As I mentioned mag. res. & lower res. combo works wonders on every big badass.I found it extremely difficult to surround & attack Firkraag or use sheer power on him.He used death spell for summoned creatures then used wing buffet and dragon fear on my party which was easy for buttkicking then :)

11. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

For me, i would rather slay a dragon with cold hard steel. makes ya feel more powerful specially when noone dies and your level 8 facing the red dragon. (took like 10 tries) but it can be done... didnt have korgon or edwin yet.

12. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31

I prefer killing him in a lame way than not killing him at all... I have a quite low-level party at the moment som cloudkill seemed to be the easiest way of making him weak before hitting him with meele. ;)

13. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Why is it lame? It seems totally fine to me.

-Sep

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.