1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How often do you shave?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ofelix, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The " How often do you bathe / shower " thread gave me the idea to post this one. So, how often do you shave if at all. Also, do you prefer using traditional razors or electric?

Personally I shave every weekday when I have school. During the weekend it's a different story, sometimes yes other no. I'm kinda lazy :p I prefer the feeling of a razor blade than an electric one. Don't really know why.

Y'know another useless bits of trivial informations about SP-er.

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

About every 4-5 days because I don't really grow facial hair... And even then it is only noticeable up close.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I hate shaving...however, being an ERT at my work requires that I shave more often than I'd like. I usually just go over my face with my beard trimmer on the "0" setting, which gets pretty close, most Wednesdays and some Fridays. If I've got training or a meeting that involves the ERT team lead, I'll actually shave with my electric razor before work. :p

The last time I actually used my straight edge razor was on my wedding day... :bad:

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Duhh, once in every 4 to 5 months I guess.

5. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

don't really know. it depends i guess i have really ugly facialhair growth so i try to keep it on a minimum with a hair trimmer. i hate razors and i think they are too expensive

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My idiot sister shaved has 'tash once, now she has to shave it every day :lol:

7. Balle Gems: 19/31

what is a 'tash?

WHAT? does girls have 'tashes now!?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  9. Balle Gems: 19/31

shaving a former iranian minister every day, man that is a bummer

Saber likes this.
  10. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Every morning & then i have a 5 o'clock shadow by noon.
    Now if the hair on top of my head would grow like that i wouldn't have to be clean-shaven all the time.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mrs Bruno hates stubble -- I shave every day.

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Depends. Usually I shave every other day or so ('or so', to be easy on my skin and because I'm shave-lazy) for that civilised and respectable look. In holidays I like to grow a beard, but usually, after two weeks or so, the affair gets itchy and the whole thing goes down the drain. Which is all right with me. It's much easier on the skin to shave a long beard as opposed to mow our stubbles daily.

I always use a traditional safety razor. I loathe the multi blade plastics because, while they are nice for daily shaving, they fail badly when they have to deal with just half a centimetre beard. You nearly spend as much time getting the blades free of hair as with shaving itself. Electric razors are even worse. So, those days I'm eyeing Dovo's Shavette (which hails from Solingen, Germany's blade town). So far, I'm still chickening out.

Kitrax likes this.
  13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I shave every day. I prefer electric (easier), but it doesn't do a great job, and after a couple of days it starts to look scruffy. So I alternate - blade on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and electric on the other days.

I'm less diligent about shaving my legs and underarms.

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Splunge, that reminds me... I'm not looking forward to Barmy's post.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What about your chest and back? :p

16. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I shave every 5-6 days, sometimes more often, depending on if I have a meeting with people I have to look presentable to. Why 5-6 days? Because I'm lazy, but after 6 days or so it starts to itch like hell, so I have to cut it back down again. Sometimes I wait 7 days in a bout of extreme lazyness, and then revel in the itchlessness of my face after the shave. If I actually did want to look presentable all the time, I'd shave every other day, though. Luckily, my beard grows quite slowly, so I'd only have that 5 o'clock shade on the second day.

As Ragusa notes, shaving a stubble every day or even every other day is not as easy on the skin as shaving when the beard has grown a bit longer than that. Another reason I don't shave daily. On the other hand, I never use shaving cream, I just apply some water before shaving, so maybe I really shouldn't complain.

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I tend to shave once a week. My facial hair isn't currently that thick, so I lack the motivation to shave more often.

And not to forget elsewhere.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Since I work with the public, I *should* shave everyday... but my boss doesen't care. I haven't shaved for over a month, and that's fine with me.

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I shave once every 5-6 weeks or so with an electric razor.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Full (face) shave every other day, and I shave what would be my moustache every day (or every other, depending on how bad it is) because I don't like the way it looks.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.