1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How often do you bathe/shower?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    I havent used deodorant for years, and no one has yet complained or told me to put it on. Maybe I smell nicer because I dont have the stench of meat seeping out my pores. :p

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Daily in Uni days, sometimes I skip in the weekend if 'cause I generally don't go out. I knew someone in High school who just oblivious to the concept of personal hygiene. True story: he, a friend, and I ended up in the same party once. He recognised us and walk near us and begun to talk; as soon as he opened his mouth, my friend and I both turn away instinctively so we wouldn't throw up. The smell was HORRIBLE. He didn't get it, he was still stinking.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nataraja, well, let me just put it this way - just because people don't complain openly isn't any indicator that it doesn't bother them. Unpleasant body odour isn't exactly an easy subject to discuss with anyone, especially if you don't know them REALLY well. Under normal circumstances, people who want to be polite can't really do anything else but try to ignore it. We're so accustomed to our own smell that we don't pick it up unless we really stink - but other people definitely do. There isn't really any way to broach the subject with someone without at best embarrassing them or at worst insulting them...

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

HAHAHA! I can just see you doing this, Barmy, I'll bet it felt good.

I sat next to a girl in my high school French class, and this chick just reeked. God, it was truly nauseating. My first wife wanted to name our first daughter the same name as my smelly French class acquaintance, so I said "NO!" I didn't want to think of that smelly beast every time I talked to my daughter.

I've had students in my classes (both teens and adults) who stink to high heaven. It's awkward as hell to talk to them!

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I was just having a proper bad morning, and she said something which set me off. I wouldn't normally say anything. I wish I could say I regret it, but I don't, at least it got her moved! My boss just said, 'I know you don't like her, but you can't go shouting abuse at my staff, I won't have it, if you do it again there will be disciplinary', but I think he only said something because he felt he had to, he knows as well as anyone she's a dick and stinks! There's no excuse for it. I put up with it for ages without saying anything, but she caught me in a bad mood, and I reached my limit lol.

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

If I'm going out partying, teaching or heading to college I always shower. Nothing worse than smelling like Lord Orange of Pong, besides you want to avoid any form of cheese build up ;)

7. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

:lol: Enough said lol

Aww man, I really, really hope your not talking about what I think you are. I'm just about to tuck into a chicken kiev!

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I used to work with a guy who didn't believe in deodorant, was a heavy smoker, wore the same clothes 2-3 days in a row, and I later found out he only showered once or twice a week. Even though we all wear polyester clean-room suits which don't breathe very much, and there's a constant airflow from the ceiling to the floor...you could smell this guy coming and going from a mile away. He smelt like moldy-cigarettes mixed in with rancid B.O. and topped off with some funky butt-stink. :nolike:

Fortunately, he's married to my boss...so when she got promoted to supervisor, they bumped him to another shift. :D

9. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    'Them' - heheheh:D
    I apologize, the twins are not a laughing matter.:p

10. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Them was referring to the certain areas I'd assume, but you may yet be correct.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Once again I reminded about just how weird some of you are. I go for a run most days so there is no question about showering after that sweatiness. I'm fairly certain it has done no harm to my immune system and I'm amazed that nobody has picked up on Taluntain's out of the blue 'bidet' comment. What has a bidet got to do with showering?

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well...it showers your bum?

Nataraja likes this.
  13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Someone definitely should make a poll about that. 'How often do you shower your...'

...armpits. PG-13. Fer shame thinking otherwise :nono:

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

So is he saying that if you shower your bum regularly then you don't need to shower the rest of the your body each day?

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Out of the blue? :hahaerr: Err... do I need to explain the function of the bidet? Bidets are uncommon in the US and some other countries, but not in most European countries. And if you don't have access to a bidet, you'd certainly need to shower instead, which would explain the need for more frequent showering.

16. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I shower every weekday at least once a day (twice if I do some exercise in the evening). On the weekend, I will shower twice on Saturday (after tennis in the morning and before going out with Mrs. dmc in the evening). I may skip Sunday if I am doing nothing but laying on the couch, reading the newspaper and watching sports, but if I am going out of the house, I shower.

Baths are rare, I just am not a big fan of soaking in water that has the dirt and stuff from me floating around in it.

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ok, now that I've read that Wiki article, I totally want a bidet. Who wouldn't want to shoot water up their bits every morning? Seriously. I'd be walkin' on sunshine.

*me stumbles out of bed* Hmm, I'm awake...*yawn*...so, sleepy...*blast of cold water on the beanbag* WOOHA! I'M UP!!

:shake:

Saber and martaug like this.
  18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :D However a bidet, like your typical vanity sink, has temperature control.

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    True, but there's always the cooled down water in the pipes that has to be run out before the warm water starts. Those moments could get interesting... :D

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I have never tried a bidet. To be honest, I wouldn't want to use one unless I was just about to hop into the shower anyway. I just use plenty of toilet paper, that's all!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.