1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How often do you bathe/shower?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Duffin, you skanky dog!

I shower in the morning before work every day, as otherwise I feel horrible and manky all day. I sometimes do at night before bed as well, depending on how much I've sweated/what I've done in the day. I don't like going to bed feeling dirty and gammy.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Twice a day. Barms nailed it perfectly - skipping a shower feels downright gross. Then again before heading to sleep -- a hot shower is relaxing.

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I shower every morning as a given, but I also work out at night so I tend to shower in the evening too... And if I just feel icky I get another one in between (or two!). So about two times a day on average... It's OK on my scalp because I have some special shampoo that is supposed to negate most damage, however that skin stuff.... I don't care since I only get sick once a year (last week of August/first week of September. School makes me sick :D).

4. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Mate the shower here is so dirt I'm probably cleaner before it!

During non term time when I'm at home I bath alot more, but not once a day. I can never find time, though if we had a shower fitted then it might be a different story.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hmm, I think skanky doesn't mean the same in America as it does in the UK... over here it is a synonym for 'slutty.'

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I shower once a day typically. During the summer,when Florida is hot and humid, it gets upped to twice daily when I exert myself.
    I only wash my hair once weekly, all other days I tie it up and keep it under a showercap. I also avoid using cleansers with detergents, preferring old fashioned soaps that do not strip the oils from the skin.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I shower every workday morning, if I do not have work I only shower if I am going somewhere. Almost interesting to see your musk develop over a three day weekend without a shower when you are only sitting alone at home.

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not if that person is standing next to you at work. We have 3 such persons at a total of 30.

At least daily.

9. martaug Gems: 23/31

Dude, i'm sorry but thats just nasty. If you can't afford to wash your clothes you need to get at least a part-time job.

Now, i know that europeans & americans have different veiws of cleaniness but there should be basic rules about being clean in public.
    You want to stay home & smell like a dead skunk, more power to you. You want to go out in public were people have to deal with you, have a little respect for them if not yourself.

I used to have an employee(a roofer) that was worse than this(i seriously dont think he had taken a bath in a month), after 1 week of seeing him come to work, in the same outfit, & with numerous complaints from fellow workers i had to deal with it.
    At the end of the week as i was passing out paychecks, i asked him to stay for a minute as i had some questions for him. After everybody had left the office, i told him that i didn't know & didn't want to know why he didn't bath but if he wanted to continue working for me he would have to.
    I also gave him a dozen T-shirts, 6 pair of work pants & a mens travelimg shower/shave kit. I ended by telling him if he didn't want to comply not to bother coming back monday. Well long story short, he did & was an excellent employee for over 2 years, until he left to start his own roofing crew(and he is still doing good AFAIK).
    It's perfectly acceptable if you are out in the woods for a week but going more than 3 days anywhere civilised without at least a whore-bath is just wrong.

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

What the <bleep> is a whore bath?

I usually have a shower every day before heading off to work. IMHO it's just common courtesy to not smell like B.O. when you are around other people. Some mornings I miss but that's a rarity. I keep my hair short so washing it isn't a real issue in terms of time.

martaug likes this.
  11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I get a shower three/four times a week, depending. I get washed every day however. In some rare instances I've had to shower/bathe without soap where my skin keeps splitting and it's too painful :spin:

12. martaug Gems: 23/31

Haha:lol:, a whorebath is a quick scrub with a washcloth in a sink without soap.
    Sorry, i thought that was a universal term, my bad.

13. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i usually shower every morning, at has become part of the ritual so i can't "wake up" properly unless i shower.
    though i often do not shower, if i'm in a hurry or hung over, and some days i just don't get around to do it

i do enjoy showering though, very much in fact

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Skank is also a dance...

Saber, with the Brits, you basically have to take a step back and take in everything they're saying...or at least what they're *trying* to say. :p If you get caught up on any single word, you'll just get confused. :skeptic:

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Skank can be a slut or someone filthy. You Americans can hardly talk some of the words you use are truly bizarre :p

16. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    Its not about not being able to wash my clothes, its about not having many clothes. I have 4 pairs of socks now, up 2 from most of last year. I have twice that many underwears, or less. Also only have two pairs of jeans. Ive also got 2 part time jobs at the moment, so Im able to buy more clothes.

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I shower once a day. Twice in hot weather.

18. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I used to work with a guy who only showerd once a week and would wear the same shirt 5 days in a row. It wasn't a problem to begin with but when I got pregnant, my sense of smell got really acute and I had to ask my boss to speak with him as he was bringing on my morning sickness!

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had a warning for office bullying because I lost my rag with a girl in our office who stinks. I sit near her and she BATTERED! It was disgusting, I don't understand how a human can smell so bad. I told my boss and he said he'd have a word and never did. So after a bad morning I just turned around and told her, and didn't mask it up. She made a snide comment and I snapped and said 'Oh f*ck off you smelly f*cking *****! Go and have a f*cking bath!'. For some reason, that was grounds for her to raise a complaint! I got a slap on the wrist, and she got moved. She still stinks now, but at least I'm not sat near it.

Nataraja likes this.
  20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, people who don't use deodorants are a whole different category of awful... I've had the misfortune of knowing and having to work/study with quite a few. Universally, whichever angle you tried to bring up deodorant use with them, they'd tell you that they don't really need it because they don't sweat much or that they shower often enough not to need to use it. Unfortunately, some people just don't get it that showering alone isn't enough.

Btw Barmy, you got just a slap on the wrist for that? Seriously, no matter how bad it is, dropping down to that level makes you even worse.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.