1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How often do you bathe/shower?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was just thinking that I should go take a bath before I start playing the new expansion of NWN2 because I probably won't have time after I start playing. (You gamers know what I mean) That gave me the brilliant idea of making a thread about asking how often you guys bathe. Hopefully I won't regret asking :D. Me - I generally take either a bath or a shower once a day but occasionally I will miss a day. I like the bubbles and the nice smelling stuff you can put in baths. The bathtub is also my favorite place to read so that is another reason why I like my baths.

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Interesting topic, hehe.

I shower every day, and it would be pretty rare that I miss a day. I just don't feel as good when I'm not showered up. When it's hot out, it's not unusual for me to get a second shower in... I like to feel fresh, you see.

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

1.9 times per day on average.

I may miss one in the evening on the weekends. Clean is good.
    I should also point out that my showers probably last 15-20 minutes. What can I say, I love (warm) water.

4. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    I shower every time I leave the house to go somewhere, even if it is just down to the supermarket. If I cannot have a shower, like if my shower is broken, then I just wont leave the house. Sometimes I wont shower over the weekend if I have no plans and just play games all weekend or read books or watch vids. But when it comes to socializing with other people aside from my flatmates then I am pretty self-conscious about my hygiene.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Dragonfly, you should have made this a poll, now you'll only get responses from those who shower/bathe at least once a day. :shake: But seriously, showering or bathing every day, or even more than once per day, unless you're an athlete/do sports or have a job where you sweat profusely, is just wasting water needlessly and doing damage to your immune system (not to mention hair & scalp, if you wash it every day). With possible exceptions, like living in Australia or some other very hot country, of course. Or if your house is a stranger to the concept of the bidet...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  6. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    How does it damage your immune system? I feel the same way about the hair and scalp damage though, and for a long time now, which is why I never really wash my hair. It was a pain in the butt having to wash it and dry it when it was really really long, so I just had it tied up all the time and never even wet it, but now that my hair is short I just wet it and stuff.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If you constantly wash away all the bacteria from the largest organ of your body (the skin), you're not just washing away the harmful bacteria, but also the bacteria that's keeping your immune system on guard and "up to speed", so to speak. In the long term, what you achieve is the weakening of your immune system because in the absence of the bacteria to fight on a daily basis, it takes longer for it to respond to every potential new infection. I'm sure that if we've got any medical students around they can explain it in more detail. The point is, the human body hasn't evolved historically to the point where it'd need daily scrubbing down in order to stay functional and/or healthy. Just the opposite, in fact. For instance, I've read about a lot of research about the significantly higher chances of allergy development in children who have been kept in overly sterile environments by their parents as infants and in their young age. The fact is, excessive cleanliness can do more harm than good to the human body, simply because you can't always control and sterilize all the environment around you.

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I shower every morning, it helps wake me up. Although, sometimes I will miss a day if I am hungover and not planning on leaving my flat. Oh, I also shower after doing any kind of sports.

@ Apeman: Long showers are brilliant.

9. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    Hehe duuuuhh. I just had a momentary blonde moment.

I just did all this recently as part of my human biology class. I know what you are talking about, my mind was just blank.

10. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am ashamed to say.. but living in a student house with 6 others can mean getting a shower maybe twice a week... once if its a bad week... thats really terrible! :lol:

Nataraja likes this.
  11. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Twice a week, me too. And I'm not ashamed about it. I hate wasting water, and I'm a slow showerer, so I'm in there for like 15 minutes. Naturally I shower a bit more in the heat of summer:p. I don't do intensive work, so it should suffice.
    Recently I started doing karate though, and I think I'll need to shower after training. So it's 3 times a week for me now.

12. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Twice a day every day.
    When i get back from the gym or running in the mornings i STINK! Also apparently i am a dirt-magnet.:p Ther can be a group of us doing something(heck, we can be standing in the middle of a parking lot) & somehow i will manage to get dirty. Just call me Pig-Pen.:D
    It's like i have super dirt gravity.
    However my showers are short as i typically s#!t, shower & shave in about 10 minutes. It's just what is ingrained in you as you grow up(just like i can't leave the house without making up the bed).

Nataraja likes this.
  13. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Whenever I'm somewhere with a shower that has a stored set of clothes (visiting relatives) it's every morning, like clockwork. I like taking showers often, and having clothes stored at a location means there's always clean clothes and an easy way to get them cleaned.

Whenever I'm somewhere without a shower that has a stored set of clothes (like home) it's usually twice or thrice a week. Clean clothes aplenty but less on the shower side. Farms. ;_;

Whenever I'm somewhere with a shower but I have to take clothes to (traveling) it's every other day. Getting clothes cleaned is usually a bit tricky.

Storing clothing at my grandparents' house might sound a bit weird, but they're in the way without much extra cost to visit them whenever I go to the nearest bigger city and they have a shower so I don't have to go through the time-consuming rigamarole of heating the water and the outer building for taking a bath.

14. Nataraja Gems: 12/31

Media:
    Does anyone shower and then put their dirty clothes back on, including their underwears? Being a perpetually broke student I do that almost every day. I have 3 pairs of socks, and twice that many boxers.

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I shower every morning because it helps me wake up. I only don't shower if I wake up late and don't have time before class.

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I shower every day because Americans are typically anal retentive about showering every day. Sometimes I take two in a day if I get particularly messy or stinky doing something.

I only take a bath if the tub is big enough for two (and only with Mrs Bruno).

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have to wash my hair every day so I shower every morning. It's a weird obsession about having clean hair! I also have problems with my skin in certain areas so I really have to keep them clean

coineineagh likes this.
  18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You know I actually did realize after I posted the thread that I should have made it into a poll but it was already too late. Still interesting answers however.

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's because we're all fabulous people when we're wet and naked :lol:

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Usually once a day. If I had the day off, and I didn't really do anything all day, I might skip showering for that day...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.