1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many times have you played BG2?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by antoine, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Wingfoot Guest

played it and completed 6 times. now the only question is which character(s) i should take through TOB first.

2. shadow_thief Guest

if u have an archer, mage, or assasin ill be happy (althoe i donno wat my happiness will make a difference to u cuz u ALL think im annoying and stupid :()

3. Thunderhammer Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm almost finished with my first time through. I wanted to try and complete EVERY side quest...Wow, what a big game. I will definitely try a second time through with a completely different character class. Maybe evilly aligned...

4. shadow_thief Guest

evilly aligned sounds good :D

5. Lestatpoet Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Three, one good, one solo, one evil...

6. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

1 monk solo
    1 sorcer solo
    1 assasin solo
    2 evil (korgan, viconia, edwin, jaheira, human t/f; and the second time just the evil chars)
    3 good

7. antoine Guest

what is the fun of playing solo, because you reach the EXP cap very soon (unless you are all cheaters and use the cap remover) and you miss all the funny dialoges and NPC quests

8. Gabriel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm one of those that keeps starting over before ever finishing because I want to keep trying new groups. I prefer to play with 4-6 players of my own creation...I guess I just feel more of an attachment to them and am more interested in seeing them advance than NPCs. I've made it as far as completing the Drow city before starting over and I'm currently in chapter 2. (about my 12th time through that part of it) Someday I WILL finish it completely.

9. Nivek The Mad Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Just once - but I am enjoying it immensely! I am using only CRPG NPCs, but just lost Aerie to wanderlust. Also have no chance now with Jaheira as I let the bandits in Umar Temple Potion lady area cut her throat during their ambush. BOY was she ticked!

10. shadow_thief Guest

antoine-actually, i dont pick up NPCs but wat i do is get them on my team, get their quest, get them off my team and then do the quest. easy.

11. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Antoine:
    Getting higher levels all the time is not what the game is all about! There are other things too. I have never removed the xp cap and will not do it.
    It's a fun challenge to solo. You get to really focus and learn how to play one class/kit. It's fast and dare I say actually easier than to play with a normal party of 4-6 players.
    Yes, you miss alot of dialogue, but those who solo have played the game before, so much of the dialogue is already known.

12. HellSpawn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've played the game through twice to the end. The first time I did it with one character, and 5 NPC's. The second time I used the multi option, and created 3 characers and used 3 NPC's. The second time, all of my characters were evil except for Jan (he's neutral I think?)... the first time they were mostly neutral/good. The second time I played it through, I did almost all the 2nd chapter quests and took some different paths in the game (like taking Bodhi's offer and killing the thieves).

Now I'm playing TOB, and I brought over my original character from the first time through, and one of my characers from the second time. I also created the other 4, so I'm not using any of the NPC's. I know I'm missing all of the NPC dialog in TOB, but I'm having too much fun with the various classes/combos.

I will probably play it from the beginning one last time, but again with only one of my own created characters so I can do/see more NPC stuff. I will likely take 5 NPC's which I haven't used before for the new romances/personal quests... gotta love a game where you can still see/do new stuff, even after playing it a third time! Definitely got my money's worth...

13. Mistyca Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've beaten the game 3 times and now i'm playing the 4th waiting to get my copy of ToB.

14. zero Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I finished BG II three times. Now I think that I'm prepared to go solo.

15. shadow_thief Guest

cool, but how long has BG2 been out??? oh sure, i know that it's been long, but how long? and i'm still waiting for ToB!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.