1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many RPGs do you own?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by aj142, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and the Expansions for both.
    Icewind Dale 2
    Neverwinter Nights
    Dungeon Seige
    Wizardry 8
    Divine Divinity
    Nox (Is this a RPG?)
    Septerra Core (haven't actually played it yet though)
    Fallout 2 (used to have Fallout 1, but don't know what happened to it)

My favorite: Baldur's Gate 2. Well polished, tons of interesting quests, lots of NPC's balance out the fact that you can't create your entire party (yes I know about the multiplayer by yourself thing), beautiful graphics, cool spells and items.

Runner up: Divine Divinity. Came out of nowhere and took me by surprise. A really long game with a ridiculous amount of quests, and some very funny dialouge.

[ January 21, 2003, 23:01: Message edited by: Nutrimat ]

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

These are my games, i'm not entirely sure which count as role play game, coz to me, most games involve getting into a certain role:
    Baldurs Gate
    Baldurs Gate 2
    Icewind Dale
    Black And White
    Dark Forces
    Dark Forces2: Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight2: Jedi Outcast
    Kingpin
    Thief
    Thief 2
    Unreal Tournament
    Unreal
    South Park
    Sacrifice
    Hidden and Dangerous
    Future cop
    Carmageddon 2
    Resident Evil 2
    Empire Earth
    GTA 2
    Dungeon Keeper
    Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsen’s Odyssey

They're in no particular order but my favourite at the moment is definitely Jedi Outcast. Reasons: it has everything i need in a game (action, magic/the force, story, good graphics and sound, multiple gameplay options, choice of ranged or melee attack, and is a massive improvement over Jedi Knight 1).
    Next to that, i'd say IWD. Black and White would feature highly but i got a bit bored after 3 levels.

3. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have an Advanced Dungeons and Dragons game for my Atari 2600...

Oh, and Tron for Intellivision by Mattel! That's right, the same people that brought you Pregnant Barbie were once so cool they produced a video game system that let you play games such as Tron and probably the coolest Major League Baseball game ever.

So wery wery cool.

[ January 22, 2003, 10:23: Message edited by: Amon-Ra ]

4. aj142 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Remember to tell which one is your favorite, and why - or at least talk about what you like to see most in a game.

5. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Tron for Intellivision, yeah! That game was so... so... dang, I must have blocked it from memory.

6. aj142 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is anyone else here excited about Xenosaga coming out in one month?

7. Mortensen the Second Banned

[​IMG] None, they all belong to Vermillion :grin:

8. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Well as I said in my prior post I've played so many in the last 17 years, it's hard to pick just one as my favorite.

But if there was one game that I would call flawless...

Flawless = Great story from begining to end/ great characters/ great graphics and gameplay with absolutly zero frustration in playing:

-Chrono Tigger-

The first one for the SNES
    It's out for the Playstation now too.
    Combo with FF5 I think???
    If you never played it get it.
    The second one,ChronoCross, wasn't so hot.

9. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I like all RPG games, but my favorites are Diablo 2, BG 2, IWD 2, and Ragnorok.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Let´s see... BG 1&2, FF VIII, M&M VII, Diablo 1&2... and a dozen of older games (SNES, NES, GB, etc). The best is BG 2, because of its story and characters, and the worst is Final Fantasy VIII; it has poor graphics, music, story, controls...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.