1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How many of you read the front page?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Z-Layrex, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] How many people here read the news that Tal, Mollusken, me and Veldrin post on to the front page. Also, what do you think of the news posted?

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I always do and would not come here if it weren't for them in the first place. You're all doing a great job :thumb: . (I mean doing a great job as in giving me another thread to spam :grin: )

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I do usually but mostly I just type in the address to go straight to the forums

4. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Definitely do....Keeps me up to date on what's happening with the games and SP. The news items are not only purely informative, but quite interesting reading as well. :D

5. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Mr Z:

Personally I really like to read those hard earned news... it shows commitment.

And they are always fresh... good thing since I think we all dislike sites that post no new content in about a year or more. That's why Sorcerers Place is THE Place.

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Why thankyou :)

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I read the Headlines, and if anything interests me there, I read the article.

[ September 08, 2002, 16:46: Message edited by: Wildfire ]

8. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ditto... but when I'm in a hurry or in school, I don't look at it. (stupid, slow School PC... :mad: )

:coffee:

9. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My SP bookmark is directly to the Boards of Magic, so I don't always see the front page. But, I know that the news changes daily so I check it at least once a day. I'll skim most of the articles, and read completely about a third to half of them. Lots of good info there folks! My thanks to the news writers :)

10. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I always check the news.

11. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I always check the news, and I read everything except the ones about NWN

12. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Just like Wildfire, I always check the headlines. If it sounds interesting, I read it. If not, I always know I can look it up in the archives later.

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I always read the articles, but I tend to skip the ones that don't apply to me, such as the recent IWD2 articles.
    But the news updates are incredibly good, so keep up the nice work guys! :thumb:

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I go straight to the boards but look at the front page when there's a site update and/or im waiting for release dates/patches etc. I also go at least once a week to vote in the poll.

However when the boards are being a little slow then i'll read through all the news articles i haven't read to pass the time. The news is very good so well done to all 4 of you :thumb:

[ September 08, 2002, 19:40: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

15. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] I read it all, except the ones by that awful Z-Layrex person... :bigeyes: :D

16. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

:lol: @ Yerril

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My link to SP is to the front page so thats always the first thing I see, usually I get to read all the news sooner or later.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I go straight to BoM and hardly ever read the news. I must be the only person

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I read them! :good:

20. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I always open the front page.
    First I check on who posted the news. Then I read something and something I don't read based on previous news from a poster. I mean, I don't use Hamlet's question "to read or not to read".

Oh, and if inside the news there is a quote on David Gaider, I simply skip that. No matter the quality of the poster. I simply can't stand that person. Sorry about that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.