1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do you D&D?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by OldJim, Aug 10, 2008.

1. OldJim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have always been into D&D, i have played it for the first time 13 years ago and i still do, well at least i try, but to be honest the only decent RPG games i have played in the last few years where single player CRPG's like BG,IWD,KOTOR,ME.

I find weird that with all the technology the blazing fast computers and huge internet bandwidth i haven't actually been able to find a good game, place and/or people that would bring me the same experience of the old school table top.

I would really like to know what is going on with everyone else, what are you guys into right now as far as yours D&D needs are concerned?

What multiplayer RPG games do you recommend?Is anyone into multiplayer NWN,iRPG, or even the multiplayer mode of BG or IWD?

I would really appreciate to hear everyone's thoughts on this,

best regards,
    Jim.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I've tried Play by E-mail and via MSN, but they fall down quickly when the party shuts up. And with MSN, it becomes hard to keep track of the game when everyone is talking at once. MSN would work if you have at most three other players...

I have yet to find anything that tops the old school style, where the players gather in a room with the books, sheets, figures and anything else you can get a hold of. Sometimes you just need to see the look on their face when you spring the diabolical plot on them...

I'm intrigued but skeptical about the online options that 4th edition offers. A Horror game loses it's intensity when the players know that the DM has the Leaf's game on TV while they are playing...

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There are programs called 'virtual tabletops' that try to make everything as tabletopish as possible. Otherwise I just go for IRC.

Attempting to roleplay in online cRPGs is, IMO, an exercise in futility. There's just not enough flexibility. Perhaps have a look into MUSHes?

4. crowleyhammer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I use OpenRPG, i play a 3.5 game and a 2e game, i run the 2e game every wednesday, play a real 2e game every thursday and play an 3.5 game every friday.

I think OpenRPG is a great virtual tabletop, its easy to use and makes finding and joining the games you want really easy, it has a large community as well which helps, altho tring to find people to play 2e online for openRPG is quite hard, the game i run only has 2 players, if anyone is interested let me know lol

I havent played any online RPGs at all so i cant comment on them.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't really play online anymore :hmm:

Only played regularly over IRC, which I like, is quite fun. Tried forums, e-mail, etc, it didn't go too well :rolleyes:

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I'm interested in joining your 2e gaming session. What software is need and where can I get it? Also, what day and time you play. My time zone is East Coast.

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I have used OpenRPG, play-by-post and Sorcerers Net own IRC channel. All of the 3 can work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.