1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I kill the Shadow Dragon ?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sir Ai Rayzor, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Well, the fastest i've taken down the shadow dragon soloing was with my avenger belive it or not. I was a bit lucky but i mananged to get past its magic res and cast doom and chromatic orb (level 12+)and kill him instantly - that left me with a big smile. I also did it quite fast with arrows of dispelling and arrows +2 with my archer. So the best way I can think of is lower res, greater malison and some death magic scrolls.

2. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

lvldrain AREA EFFECT breath is simply cheese to me. so i countercheese it happily and use powerword:reload + an instantkillerspell.

3. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ Menion Leah
    I'll wait until level 13 then :)

@ Everyone
    Thanks for sharing all your good advice with me, I'm really glad that you helped me :)
    Fare well in the forgotten realms

EDIT: Isn't the leader of the shadow thieves Renal Bloodscalp ?

[ August 12, 2003, 18:24: Message edited by: Sir Ai Rayzor ]

4. pyroashani Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

1st off in my personal opinion if you are going to kill any dragon it should be firkraag (imo). once you beat him get keldorn and with the holy avenger's dispel magic on hit ability, it makes fighting dragons and liches MUCH easier. cant help with the level draining other than the obvious negative energy protection. equip you priest with this and throw a greater restoration on this char to get save room for other spells (you have raise dead and heal so you dont need resurrection). for me haste and bless are ESSENTIAL in every hard battle. any other bonus to saves or THAC0 are a must too but chant is probably the most useless priest spell in the game becuase it ties up a priest who could be adding protections in the middle of the battle or healing. draw apon the holy might is good. and depending on what items you have, strength of one may be usefull as well. plus it dont hurt to send a few animate dead/wizard eye (invisible char) combinations to draw breath weapon attacks.

5. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

He's kind of soloing and now he's off to get Anomen, if he would go and get Keldorn, that'd be a party of five. So much for soloing...

And besides, he isn't nearly a high enough level to be casting resurrection and greater restoration (not that that's needed anyway).

I don't really get the problem with the level drain. I don't think I've ever been level drained by the shadow dragon.

[ August 14, 2003, 19:29: Message edited by: Menion Leah ]

6. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I don't see why you gotta have Keldorn with the Holy Avenger and a 6 player party even?.. It's more fun if you make it through all the hard things in the game NOT using owerpowered items (and characters for that matter). You don't need the Holy Avenger, Silver Sword, Celestial Fury and Crom Faeyr to pull such fights, and the game, through.

Just level up a bit and your kensai/mage can take that dragon by himself. Lower resistance, pierce magic, greater malison, lightning (works suprisingly well against the Shadow Dragon IMO :hmm: , magic missile - just whatever you got and then just meat him down.

As I said - just level up a bit and you'll make it. And soloing totaly alone is NOT suicide. Especially not with the demi-god(indeed) Kensai/Mage. ;)

7. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

Hrehm... I've got homework too, and that would take far to long for me..

And I dont think that I am overpowering, im just trying a class that I've found interesting.

8. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ai Rayzor - I'm not telling you, I'm telling the others, and trying to give you alternative paths OTHER than the owerpowered ones (IE Carsomyr).

No offence :)

9. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31

none taken :) :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.