1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you decide what you wanted as your SN?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Drathir Darthirii, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nakia Nightshadow was the name of my halfling female fighter/rogue in IWDII. Just a back up character that I really didn't pay much attention to.
    When we got to the 'Dragon's Eye' suddenly there she was cutting down those snakey creatures as if she was a giant and yelling her head off, having the time of her life. I was so suprised. I laughed and from then on she became one of my main characters. No one can tell me fighter/rogues can't do a good job in IWDII.

Now I had never heard of BoM or Sorcerers Place when I started playing IWDII. However I had some problems at Dragon's Eye I couldn't solve and did a search for help and SP topped the list. I came, I saw, SP conquered. I took my little rogue's name. I only shortened it when I heard there was another Nakia wandering around the Internet. Only one Nakia allowed on SP!

2. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

My enjoyment of the comic strip of the same name. It happened to be on my desk when I signed up, and was the first thing I saw when trying to think of a name.

Oddly enough, my SN is SpoonMan everywhere else I go (which isn't many places). It has nothing to do with the Soundgarden song, and everything to do with how many coffee spoons collected on my desk at university when I either forgot or was too lazy to take the used ones back to the kitchen.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I actually thought it was related to the logical or psychological meaning, hehe. That is something that doesn't follow. ;)

Mine is an old nickname from school.

4. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

I'm not witty enough to pull that one off, chev. ;)

Still, since I pretty much dwell in the Alleys when I'm on SP, it's not inappropriate - just entirely coincidental.

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I think we've had these kind of threads before...

Mine sounded cool. When I was like 12.

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Faraaz is my first name...and I only use it on boards where I'm not goofing off! :p

Besides, its a lot easier to take me seriously when I've got this nick, rather than my other regular screen name...which I'm embarassed to give out at the moment! :o

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am a Master of None, not specialized in anything. I wish to know alittle about anything, though, but I know too little to call myself a Jack of all Trades.

For my title; It has a religious background. It has something to do with the Order of Melchizedek, the priest and king of Salem (Salem means Peace. It's quite hard to imagine that Jeru-salem means city of peace, heh?).
    Some people with some more knowledge of the Bible might think I mean to say I am Jesus, but that would be stupid to think. We should, though, strife to be like him. Few people know that, seemingly, since I never get questions about it. I bet many people think it is just some goofy title with little chance to impress the members of the BoM. :p

[ March 27, 2006, 16:51: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Mine was simply made up on the spot. I could have used my other name (name in Quenya for my elven character I created), but I decided that since I usually lurk around boards I may as well be a 'lurker'. :D

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Elwithral Irenicus, that picture is prett cool.

That was just last year wasn't it? :p

Now you just need to change your SN to 'ShrooMage' :p :lol: :rolling:

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Mine's a variation of the name of the Greek God Hermes. Saw it in a Neil Gaiman comic ;)

I've actually been thinking about changing it, but I figure: why bother? Everyone's going to keep calling me by this one anyway :rolleyes: The examples of wirhe and cesard are proof of that. See, even now I don't call them by their new names :D

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mine's easy. I worked in turret #2 on a battleship (T2). The old name for the second turret was Bruno.
    Turret 1 -- Anton
    Turret 2 -- Bruno
    Turret 3 -- Caesar
    Turret 4 -- Dora

Well, it's easy for ME to remember....

12. Sydax Gems: 19/31

A combiantion: Syd for my first name (Sidney); and Dax for a comic book character.

13. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I stole it from a character in a book I read years and years ago. I can't even remember what the book was about but the name has stuck with me since I read it.

14. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I never got the chance to decide, it was forced upon me! :p

It hails back from my Diablo II days, when I once overtook an account named 'olimikrib'. The name just sort of stuck with me, seeing as everyone in the comunity knew me in-game as olimikrib, or just plain oli (never before I got to BoM that people started calling me olimi ;) ).

A simple typo changed the name from olimikrib to olimikrig, and so that stuck.

Who knows? Next time you may see me as olimikrix, or whatnots; though I don't plan on ever completely changing this name to something else, as that would just be confusing to all the people who has gotten to know me by this nick througout the years!

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Don't change it!

I've always thought that olim i krig has a nice ring to it...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.