1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How are you doing on your Bracket?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Blades of Vanatar, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well, Georgetown was a big disappointment. As was Notre Dame, though they are my only 2 losses so far.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Bracket" or "parenthesis"?

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Splunge should get the award for funny man of the year on SP.:)

Seriously though.

Temple fell as well, make that 3 losses for me so far. I'm going head to head with my Director for a hundred....ahem.... fun ponts. Anyway, were all tied up, though he has Siena and Purdue is up big right now. So, I should pull ahead today.

As for my Final Four, I have Kansas beating Pitt and Kentucky beating Nova, then Kansas winning the whole shabang.

The Georgetown loss will hurt though, I had them losing to Kansas in the Elite Eight. My opponent had them losing in the Sweet Sixteen to Ohio State. We'll see.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have absolutely no idea what this topic is about.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    March Madness. College Basketball tournament. One of the largest generators of illegal gambling in the USA.

The "bracket" is the sheet showing all the team and matchups.

Got it?

6. Splunge

Media:
    I've heard of March Madness, but up until now, I thought it was some sort of shopping frenzy.
    People actually care about college basketball? :confused:

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wise-ass.

8. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The good news for me:
    Picked Washington, Old Dominion, Murray State to win. Bad news is that I had Temple in the Sweet 16 (had Cornell initially, then blew that).

My failures so far are reasonable. Picked Richmond, UNLV, Georgetown, Sienna, Clemson, Texas, and Oklahoma State to win.

All totaled I am 24/32 thus far which is slightly better than I usually do. But two Sweet 16 teams are gone now (Temple & Georgetown) however I had both of them losing in that round so I'm still okay.

UW and Xavier are the only teams seeded below 5 that I have in my Sweet Sixteen so after some first round upsets I played it fairly casual.

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 28 seconds later... ----------

Oh and my Final Four consists of Kansas beating Kansas State (I hate the KSU pick, but couldn't find something more appealing) and on the other side West Virginia beating Duke before taking it all.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I've never really understood the appeal of college sports either, Splunge. Hell, I even go to college and don't like them.

10. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

For me its a combination of just liking the differences from the pro game, discovering new players, and in the case of my school, knowing many of the athletes

Another part is that I had a couple offers to play low level college basketball so it makes me wonder what it'd be like.

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I haven't looked at my bracket much. I was pretty much screwed big time after the first day, in which I only went 9-7. I'll get the e-mail update today. I missed a bunch of teams in the Sweet 16. About the only redeeming quality I can find with my bracket is that I have my final four in tact.

EDIT: The biggest surprise this year is definitiely Cornell. They just haven't won their two games, they administered two beat-downs. It's not like they just made a lucky shot or two - in both instances they were the better team.

12. Blades of Vanatar

Well, in my on-line bracket, I only have Cuse left out of my FF teams, but head-to-head with my Director, I will need Kentucky to reach the Final game and I lock it up, otherwise both of us have losses everywhere. He is ahead by 2 1st round games, but both of his final game teams are out- Kansas vs. Nova.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Well, I reviewed the brackets. The good news is that in our 60-something person pool, I'm the only person left with all my final four teams still alive. The bad news is that I only have 7 out of the 16 teams currently left standing. So while I have more potential points remaining than anyone in the pool, I have a lot of catching up to do. Basically, I need a final four of Duke, Kentucky, Ohio State and Kansas State to have a shot.

14. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Well I'm proud to say that I correctly picked a Duke, West Virginia match-up in the final four... And have no shame in admitting that I didn't pick two 5-seeds to make it.

Simply put the entire tournament has been absolutely unbelievable, loved every minute of it... almost.

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I too have WV and Duke in the Final Four. Unfortunately, the only reamining points I can earn are if Duke beats WV. I don't have either of the other two teams remaining, and seeing as how I had Syracuse beating Duke in the finals, I cannot earn any more points beyond a Duke victory in the final four.

16. Blades of Vanatar

I am so out of it now. Money down the drain to the boss...:mad: fThough the WV/KT game was a nice one to watch. I think WV will take the rest now. They are playing so good, I can't see anyone stopping them. All 4 teams have fought hard to get there, it should be 3 great games coming up.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

According to one national bracket challenge I entered in, I am in the top percent which seems pretty wack. Of course, I bet about half of those entries had no knowledge of what they were doing.

40 of 60 winners correct so far. Pretty good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.