1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

holidays

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arahar, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

So what are all of you going to be doing during your december holidays.

I will be going home to spend christmas/birthday(27th) with my family. It's great we celebrate both days seperately so I get twice the loot. Also I'll be turning 21 so I'll probably get hammered and forget most of the night.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Emma's staying at home with the dog, I get to travel half way across the country to see my mother for Christmas day, followed by my father on Boxing day. Not the most fun, but the dog attacked one of my dads guests last Christmas so we're not taking him again.

(Actually it isn't boxing day which for some religious reasons isn't allowed to fall on a Sunday - but when the trains say they're not running on Boxing day they actually mean the Sunday).

Then back home on the Monday for a week holiday.

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Holiday, what holiday :hmm:

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Me,t he catsd and a lot of chocolate, no matter my sister's inane plan for a "family" Christmas - as if me, mom, aunty and my uncles could stand each other long enough to not to kill each other... and i ain't leaving my broadband.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Seems I'll have to study for EU law and public economical law exams. Just two, thankfully, although the first one is lots and lots of material to learn.

6. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm planning on going home and doing the family thing for a couple of weeks once my exams are over and Christmas break starts.

Unfortunately, the family thing entails dealing with my mother's partner and his sons, who I can't stand at all.

7. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Hopefully watching my Seinfeld DVD box, playing some basketball and whatever else comes up.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    With Saint Nicholas-eve and Christmas coming up? I work in a toystore, I have no time for holidays! Working 12 hrs a day! *Ka-CHING* Cash!

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I scheduled my time off in October. I only had to schedule off 7 days and I got a full 2 weeks off. I will be spending time with all of my families in turn.

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The 25th we just stay home, and have three one day get togethers (the 24th here), New Year's Eve is open still...

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I always go to my mum's, she makes a great christmas dinner :yum:

12. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I'll be revising my current syllabi and writing new ones for my Spring class load.

Fun times...

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Funny enough December is the busiest month of the year in my line of work, so i'll be busting my buns off too. I'll make up for it on new years eve though, and will probably be wasted for an entire week.

14. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

My family all come back on the 17th, so I'll be having a great christmas :)

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This year we are hosting the family Christmas at our place so we will be busy cooking and entertaining relatives for most of Christmas Day. It'll be hectic. Plus the kid will be 8 months old by then and is likely to be crawling around the place (how the year has flown by!)

On Boxing Day there is the one day international between NZ and Sri Lanka at Eden Park to watch (go the Black Caps!) and then for the next two weeks we've rented a house at the beach to stay at (which is a little odd, given that we live 5 minutes away from another perfectly good beach) which will mean two weeks away from TVs and computers and the internet.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My family always gathers together at my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve - except for my Aunt who comes by bus on Christmas Day. We generally stay until boxing day although with Christmas being on Saturday this year I don't know how that will affect things. I really don't see staying another day myself as I have to sleep on the sofa after my Aunt arrives.

In my entire life, I have slept in the same room of my grandparents' house every Christmas Eve except for one year when we visted my other grandmother for Christmas.

For New Year's Eve, I generally go down to the party held in the park in front of my suburb's city hall. The main paths in the park are iced over for skating in the winter and they have a fairly decent fireworks display shot off the roof of city hall. There is the added entertainment of laughing at (1) how far past midnight the New Year is proclaimed due to the mayor blathering on too long or the one-hit wonder musical celebrity playing too long and (2) how close they appear to be to burning down either the city hall or the church that I go to which is just across the road.

Where we get a little weird is that we all head back to my grandparents' house again on New Year's Day and have take-out Chinese food for dinner. None of us have any idea how this tradition was started but every year we do it just the same.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.