1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HL2 - The Orange Box

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Alavin, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I ordered the Orange Box through Steam today, which gives me HL2, episodes 1 and 2, Portal and Team Fortress Classic 2. I already own HL2 and Episode 1 though, but Steam allows me to give away unused CD keys for them. So I'm doing it here. Entirely free.

If you want either one, or both, you must have a Steam account, and you must meet the minimum specs for both. I can split the pair if you already own HL2 and just want Ep1, but both must go. First come, first served. Total value of games: $49.90 - about £25.

Reply if you want them, and I'll give them to you. I can only do it once Ep2 is released, so I'll send the emails probably tomorrow morning.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Very good of you Alavin. I have both already, but just wanted to thank you for the offer!

Fantastic games these to anyone who hasn't played them. Well up there amongst the best games I have ever played.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'd like them. :) I just got TF2 but didn't have enough for the entire OB so I'd love to get those two as well. =)

EDIT: Stuff recieved, two huge favors owed to Jackie-Boy.

[ October 11, 2007, 01:18: Message edited by: Register ]

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Quake Wars also came out recently, which is one of the few games I have actually bought. According of reviews, it's also slightly better than TF2, which is based on the age-old frag'em'up -theme.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I got that Quake Wars, it's bloody crap in my opinion. I just don't gt on with it.

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

It has its faults, true, but so far so good. It has some ups and some downs. The ups:
    + The variability as to how you play the game. Each class is different.
    + The background story. Really nice if you have played Quake 4.
    + Most of the weapons actually cause a lot of damage. Wow.

And downs:
    - Not all weapons are that good. E.g: silenced pistol, knife, shotgun.
    - Vehicles, in general, are slightly too weak. Especially the flying ones, which are more of a hazard than an asset.
    - Headshots. Creates a gap between players where the mouse-twitchy kill everyone in one shot.

In comparison, I can't think TF2 to be anything more than just your run of the mill fragger.

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Love the Orange Box. :)

Portal, I must say, is as incredibly fun as it was incredibly short. The ending makes up for the brevity, however. Hilarious.

Can't wait to dig my hooks into episodes 1 and 2.

9. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Can anyone who's played Ep. 2 or Portal lemme know if the system reqs are higher than those for HL2 and Ep. 1?

I've got a four year old system, and am sorta worried the OB stuff won't run.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, they're the same. They've made various engine improvements with this package so you should actually see a slight performance boost over when you first played HL2.

11. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Awesome.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.