1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HK Cricket Sixed

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good morning, 2 or 3 cricket fans of SP:). This event (consisting of 6 players on each of the 8 teams) has sparkled with big hits.

The rules allow just 5 overs for each side, with everyone, excluding the wicket keeper, having to bowl an over...the best match so far was Sri Lanka against the Aussies

Australia hit 76 runs, and then Sri Lanka scored 34 (5 sixes and a four) in their first over, but still lost by a single run.

England's got Jimmy Anderson and Chris Read in the team by the way, they're both playing well. I've thought for a long time that Readie could do a better job that Gez Jones, I think he should be given a chance.

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] And I thought 20-20 was mental! :lol:

Although it does sound like the old tip 'n' run practice games we used to have at school rather than "proper" cricket, I for one am never against people trying new things with the game. If it's a success, then fair enough. Since when was more cricket a bad thing, anyway? :D

And I agree about Chris Read being given a shout - at times Jones looks as though he couldn't catch a cold. James Anderson is probably just the sort of bowler for this - he's expensive anyway, and can bowl the odd "magic" ball to get wickets. Keep us posted, BA.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what does the HK stand for? Hunter-killer? :shake:

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    We lost to the Windies in the semi-finals, the Indians won it.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Sixes is quite interesting stuff. A bit like rugby sevens. Loads of fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.