1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Highly unusual characters

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Khazraj, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Gaius Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You could name that Drow Ranger Drizzt, because it fits the descri... oh wait :grin: ;)

3. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I Really hate drizzt. I loathe him with all my being, and i am busy running an indoctrination scheme to provoke hate in drizzt in everyone i meet, even if they have never heard of him.

well, maybe not that bad, but still....

I have always fancied the idea of a dewlf. Kinda a gimli/galandriel thing happening. But then again, the DnD rules state that that is not possible as dwarves are of the small folk and elves are an immortal race.

Anyway,
    Cheers.

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Faragon. :cool: I laughed too much.

Beazlebub. Who says that? If elf + human is possible (and personally any elf would think that was sick beyond belief) then of course dwarf + elf is possible. It all started in Dorn's Deep when a young elf maiden named Evayne met up with a strapping dwarven warrior called Jamroth...

5. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Say, what would happen if an elf and a halfling got a kid? A halfling elf? :lol:

6. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@ Khazraj, sorry bout latency, but did you get a name for your drow ranger? what alignment is it? you could use Tempest, Drake wolf, Orion, blitz fury, killspawn, blazecinder? just a few suggestions.

ive never played dragonlance unfortunatley, is it a card-game? i dont think it has been in aust. it might have been, but, well, you know...

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Urgahzi. You cool. :cool:

I was kidding about the name, Faragon got my tongue in cheek joke...

Dragonlance was actually a set of novels, around 20 years old now perhaps IIRC and the artist for their covers was Larry Elmore. He drew Tanis half-elven with a.... beard!

So perhaps dwelfs are a lot like that...

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What about a mix of Gnome and Halfling? Halfnome! and what about a ranger with Low Int Wis and Cha with a hamster who is actualy a Miniature space giant, and then in a batle he Scream: GO FOR THE EYS BOO! GO FOR THE EYE!!! huummm, what name should we name it?

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Elven ranger with some 16 con. Proposed name: Drinks With Dwarves. :D

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Alright, fine. You want unusual playable characters? Well, here ya go. ;)

Drow Monk/Druid. How weird is this? A Drow monk that has turned to the ways of nature, or vice versa? A guy who goes around preaching the way of the land, air, water, yadda yadda, and gives you a lesson in tae kwon do if you're not paying attention. Oh, and he can only be Lawful Neutral.

Aasimar Paladin. How archetypal. Now make sure that he fights only with darts. "Evil and dark foes! Taste the righteous justice of a small, weighted javelin!"

Tiefling Sorcerer/Monk. One who has traveled to the far lands, and practices a sort of arcane chi. Since when do you expect a martial artist to suddenly begin hurling fireballs?

A Dwarf Bard. He knows plenty of drinking songs.

11. chevalier

Media:
    Next time playing I'll be takig that dwarf :D He'll be a perfect buddy for my paladin. Some less atypical warrior type elven sorceress for drunk dancing as well.

12. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

Imagine a dwarf (dwelf?) rouge with minimal dexterity and maximum strength, he smashes locks open! :D

13. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] @ C'Jakob: The name of your tiefling sorceror/monk is Songoku, isn't it? ;)

14. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

I have a party up to the entrance of Dragon's Eye that consists of the following.

Shield Dwarf Cleric of Tempus x/Fighter 4
    Duergar Paladin of Helm x/Fighter 4
    Gold Dwarf Sorcerer
    Gold Dwarf Bard 11/ Fighter something
    Shield Dwarf Monk
    Shield Dwarf Druid x/ Fighter 4

I needed more feedback from everyone for some other unusual party. The biggest mistake I regret about this party is that since I made no wizard I did not bother with anyone with INT over 12. There are some good options in the game based on INT, so next time I need a dwarf wizard. Which school to have? Transmuter or Necromancer?

15. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Gold dwarf Bard
    Aasimar Rogue
    Halfling Cleric
    Rock Gnome Barbarian
    Half-Orc Wizard
    Tiefling Druid

But I don't think that they are playable ;)

16. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

i made a party made up of the lord of the rings characters. I downloaded the portraits from sorcerers. i had one space left over, so i threw in Bohdi from BG2

:evil:

17. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

What about this?

A dwarf ranger dual-wielding battle-axes that keep yelling:" Out off me way afore I smash you into pieces!

18. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Min-Maxed Half Orc (Strength etc..) Sorceror
    "BLAAAAAAHH!!" *Casts magic Missile.. Hits own party members* "Damn.."

Gnomish Barbarian: "Slash you and Smash you, That i will do.. Dear Niece, remove your head from my Root Jar! Or I Shalt Smite thee! With my Axe, That i Will!"

Great FuN!! I like that idea Chev! I may just do it too.. *chuckles wildly!*
    Perhaps through in a few levels of Bard on the Morninglord..

*Sings* "My Spells are so Bright... I gotta wear.. Shades.."

19. chevalier

Media:
    My Aasimar paladin of Mystra pure class, str 14 (15) dex 10 con 10 (12), wis 14 (16), cha 16 (parentheses=gained during the game). He actually survived. Now taking exactly the same stat for mystra/wizard in solo, not HoF though since they hit automatically and the first goblin encountered kills any 1st level character.

[ April 01, 2003, 16:49: Message edited by: chevalier ]

20. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Someone say Halfling and Elf?
    It's called an Elfling. Half halfling, Half Elf.
    Read the 3rdE rules for them here (DarkSun setting only i'm afraid). I had a guy play one in a Campaign some time back.

There was a whole page dedicated to Elflings but I can't find it right now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.