1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Higher taxes on alcohol

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Shoshino, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I agree with Chev on this one. It's not the alcohol in itself, but the drinking culture. Especially among youngsters.

2. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I say raise the taxes on alcohol. It may not solve the problem, but at least the drunken *******s will have less money for other luxuries :p

3. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    while alcohol may be a highly addictive (and enjoyable) solvent, i agree that is isnt the problem, but in a world where there realistically isnt another way to tackle the problem (your not going to change minds with a few posters) reducing the availability of strong alcoholic drinks is, i think the only alternative.

the government will never push hardly enough any other preventative measures, all it would take is random ID-ing in pubs and clubs by police and then severe (and i mean severe) punative measures against establishments to make them ID punters.

that is why i believe this to be a money making scheme

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.