1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

High School, place of suffering

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Xaelifer, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I took close to forty credits in school and I was seventh in my class...I'm not being smart or anything my father was a teacher, and it helped a lot.

Just smile and bear it, believe me, college is worth the trouble. I've had more and better friends in college than ever before in my life. I was a nobody in high school...Star Wars geek, computer lover, son of a teacher...and in college I was deemed the most eligible bachelor (by some very close female friends) on the campus and have close to thirty close friends. Hang in there guys and gals, the experience is well worth the blood and sweat of high school.

2. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I know that it's financially easier to be at school but i find the emotional strain to be to much somtimes. In all schools you get the few popular idiots who manage to make life hell for people who are different to them.

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited March 30, 2002).]

3. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] You just need to think positive about life. A wise Spanish teacher once told me this. If you think positive you might just pull High School off.

(no sarcasm intended)

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've got it! The reason I was more positive about high school than anyone else is because I live in Scotland - home of the dumbed-down Higher Still farce, whereby any idiot can get nine As over two years. The work I did was so nonsensically easy I had plenty of time to waste my life playing computer games. And of course, unlike most people I like having things easy instead of looking for a challenge. I'm currently in the first year of University, on a course which supposedly isn't challenging until third year - and I'm already suffering for trying to take it as easy as I did in high school. Also I don't tend to be very sociable - I go about in a little bubble of ignorance and shyness, and can't possibly follow the Byzantine politics that supposedly exist in every classroom - so the whole social aspect shich I have heard is so important has completely passed me by. I want to go back, or rather I want to have been through differently and come out as something other than a compulsive mouse-pusher.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited April 05, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited April 06, 2002).]

5. Sentry Guest

It's the high-school system that really sucks, not the high school itself.

[This message has been edited by Sentry (edited April 09, 2002).]

6. DemoGorgon Guest

High school...
    every day is terrible when you are labled or when you dont feel like working. Its really tough when you move from a place that passes people with a 50 to a place that passes people with a 70. trying to raise all your grades by 20 points on different teacher expectations is tough.

7. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have no idea what you're talking about, place of suffering? High school is great! The biggest problem I've encountered has been the whole like-the-girl-so-much-it-hurts-but-she-doesn't-like-you-that-way issue, but it didn't take more than a couple of weeks to deal with that (Wait for the feelings to subside). Anyways, high school is what you, and your friends, make of it. (Of course, due to changes in the provincial school board, I get to be a senior for two years, grade 11 and 12!! Of course, I get a year taken away, but hey, that means university in 1 year less!).

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Just an onbservation born from months of skipping classes in favor of hanging in SP/otherwise misusing the school computers:

If one wants to find a calm place that doesn't have that many people in it, go find the classroom with computers.

Ara
    (Insane enough to admit it and use it as an excuse for not doing homework.... seriously!)

9. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] Interesting: at university it seems to be the opposite: the computer room is the center of social interaction, the focal point of student life and VERY NOISY!

Anyway, on topic: I thought high school was great. Did little or no work, lots of free time... ahh nostalgia...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.