1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heroes of Patches & Misery

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Midnight Carnival, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Midnight Carnival Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Man, this has been the toughest PC game to purchase yet.

I'm over here in New Zealand where we don't get the selection of games that UK and America get.

I found HoM&M V Limited Edition on our local shopping site for $25 and ordered for it.

Come to find out that many patches were released and they never did get it fixed properly until the release of the Gold Edition.

So I find the Gold Edition on our local auction site for $40.

When I go to write to the store I got Limited from for a return, they have advertised that they got Gold for $25.

I'm the type of person that can't consciously flake out on an auction site sale or purchase so I have to swallow the $15 extra but now I'm hoping with all hopes that the store I bought Limited from will take it back for store credit or else I'm out $45.

You can't get away with this kind of 'let the gamers beta test it' ******** on consoles, you ****nuts!

During my PC gaming life the only other two games that I had problems with to the point of throwing them in the garbage were Ultima Ascension and Pool of Radiance.

---------- Added 16 hours, 13 minutes and 3 seconds later... ----------

Game two down the drain.

Fable.

Product key inside is for Microsoft Office.

I've had to call three different MS support numbers for this and the MS agents answering the phone were baffled that MS is responsible for anything other than business software.

"No sir, I'm not mistaking an OS for a video game, there is an actual video game called 'Fable' and your company has their name all over it. I cannot re-install to get a validation key to swap with you for a valid product key because the game won't install at all without the product key.

And for the umpteenth time I am not a hacker trying to con a free key."

By the time I was given a direct number to someone whom would understand, they had just closed for the weekend.

"If you purchased this in NZ you need to call the NZ MS."

"This was imported from America but 'Made in Ireland' (probably by a man who is Japanese) Shouldn't the product key be universal?"

"I need the verification key to unlock a verification key to give you a replacement verification key."

"Sir, once again, this is a video game, not an operating system and I can't install to get the verification key to unlock the verification key for a replacement verification key without a verification key to start"

>=L

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I had a problem installing Fable and then it wouldn't run, can't remember the error message now, think it was saying something about the incorrect disk. Ended up having to use a corrected .exe from GCW to get it to run. Is handy if I want to play it when not home :)

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I had a problem with my computer running Fable, I had to update my drivers and actually use a beta driver. That was a few years ago though.

Regarding HoMM V, I'm a big fan. I've even done some modding for it. You really want to get Tribes of the East as it includes everything you need and allows you to skip the rest (I bought the original game and Hammers of Fate but I have been playing the game a long time before Tribes of the East was released).

As for patching. Check 3.01 for Tribes of the East. You can also find files if you want to play the original campaign with the new upgrades and stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.