1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heroes of Might and Magic...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ray192, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

All this talk about Heroes made me install HeroesII again, dammit now I will be forced to play that game until the point where it's 1 am and I'm saying to myself one more turn, only one more :D .

Still a great game, even after about 7 years, how did you get introduced into the Heroes series?

I never heard of it until I got a demo cd with a comp. magazine. It looked nice and I tried it, a map called broken alliance ;) , Never finished that map but I kept trying and trying until I realized that if I would buy the whole game it would probably feature more maps :D .

2. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] @stormhand,
    Not very clear at all, but I think I got it.You wish to know it Warcraft offers same type of gameplay as normal RTS, compared to the improvement Heroes 3 does to TBS?

OK for Warcraft the answer is NO IMHO.It is quite a different strategy at all.Low unit limit, intresting resources <=> large army upkeep idea.And Heroes as superior units as leaders.I dunno, I liked single play campaigns, but there seem to be missing something in multi.At least i think so, I am still playing Brood War in Battle.net, and that's what I can say for sure.Oh, one more thing - StarCraft story was a bit more intersting IMHO.

HoMM 3 offers, on the other side, same type of gameplay as even Heroes 1(that's the first Heroes game, I was too young whan King's Bounty was up), but it adds many small detail to it.Say as garrisonning Heroes copared to captains in H2.Captains could not get the artifacts of the enemy heres attacking, and no level up for them.Another small detail - scools of magic, or creatures wait ability in battle.Balance to the towns at last.You see, small + small + small, and so on details.Nothing new entirely.And great game as result.

And finally i'll say something abot H4.They wanted to make something new.Totaly new.To change and "improve" the gameplay.Good thing they've done. :mad: :mad: :mad: WHY.Why was that so needed?!? :aaa: What was wrong with H3 gameplay?And when they beginn a change why so drastc?Why no creature upgrade in towns?I can build completely one town for one stinkin' week for god's sake :rolleyes: Ahh, sorry for this to any moderator but could not hold off.I stop writing now, because I feel at the end I'll get banned :p

@Apeman,
    same with me I've left IWD 2 for next week :D I'll mail my map to you when ready, but when you finish it I want to know if you like it(honestly).Should be ready by the end of the week if I don't play too much H3 :D

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

No problem AlexGK I'll write a revieuw if you want, but two questions.

-It's not in german I hope?
    -Does it include Homm: restoration of erathia with Armaggadon's blade or that other expansion with sandro?

Because I haven't got the second expansion, I do got AB though.

4. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] @Apeman,
    No, I'm not a german, I just study here.From Bulgaria originaly.Hate software in german anyway.All that I have is in english.But it is Shadow of Death map :( That expansion is great man, don't you have any frend who has it?Because otherwise I don't think you can play my map.Artifact assembly is not inclusive in Aramgeddon's Blade IMHO.Besides this expansion has the coolest single campaigns that i've seen for Heroes 3.

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

@ AlexGK send it anyway I can get around finding SOD, I know someone who has it, the only reason I didn't get it was the cost: being as expensive as the original game.

6. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    HOMM rules! At least HOMM 3 does. I've never actually played the others.

7. AlexGK Gems: 7/31

My map is ready, but it seems little unballanced - seems CPU does not play so well as I used to think.Hmm... ok it must be repaird and after that i can send it to whoever wants it.

8. Atreides Gems: 7/31

OK, this is probably a stupid question to ask but where can I find a decent tutorial for map editing in Heroes III? the help file wasn't enough for me to understand some of the things you can do with the editor.
    At AlexGK:
    I may has well see what your map is like, send me a copy too please.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.