1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Here I stand in the spotlight, losing my religion!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by ShadowDaemon, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDaemon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Ok, so heres something rare from me... a serious post.

I've been looking over some posts and I thought of something. What religion DO all you D&D freaks and friends out there hold to? Im curious and dont mean to offend... AND THIS IS NOT A MISSIONARY STRING! Just post your thought or opinions and dont diss other peoples beliefs... maybe when you die it will turn out THEY were right and you'll feel bad for dissing them.

As for myself... my recent new worship of Matetheis aside, I consider myself agnostic. I was rased mormon, but it alwase felt wrong. I DO belive in SOME kind of father figure watching over us, but not the same way any organiaed religion does. I think the bible is a really good story with good moral lessons... but just a story. I dont beleve there is such a thing as 'sin' that will be punished when we die... its all experiances that make us more a person. I dont however condone malevolent acts in this frame of mind, and work to make things around me better, for me and others who live around me... not because of a Stern God is watching over my shoulder.

K, thats me, so what about all of you?

2. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I think there is a God or many and he may or may not have made the bible.
    1)I think he made the world to see what happens, or to watch...

2)I think he doesn't answer prayers.

3)I think humans aren't more special then animals, if we just evolved .(but I dont pity them,Im not a vegeterian :evil: )

4)I dont think he knows everything.

5)When we die, we die. I dont care.

6)Sometimes I dont think any of this and am a good christian.:)

7)I do not know the answers.

8)Or the questions.

9)Hey, where am I?

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited February 04, 2002).]

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I'm christian

4. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think a lot of religions confuse the messanger with the message. They insist that God is cross-shaped, or crescent or star or... and will fight and in some cases kill for this viewpoint.
    They forget that the central message in all the major religions is the same: love one another, all life is sacred, practise forgiveness. That message comes from a universal force of goodness. Shall we call it 'God'?

5. Silverblade Guest

I believe I am in control of my own live and don't think there is a higher being who planned my live carfully and decided what I am going to do.

6. Durothil Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I am free. I am a taoist. :D

[This message has been edited by Durothil (edited February 02, 2002).]

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] I worship Violence and Murder.
    KILL KILL KILL!!
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] For Shura and alike...

You obviously have a great amount of hatred inside. Why? What is it for?

Yes, I know your answer: You use hate as a weapon to defend yourself.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you were so strong as you are trying to describe to me, you would never need such weapon.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited February 03, 2002).]

9. I'm anti-christ. No comments please. In D&D, Mystra and Cyrin believer. Not the mystra bot.

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited February 02, 2002).]

10. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Woo! A religion post!!

I believe there is one God, with masculine and feminine aspects. God wears many faces, depending on the part of the world you're from and what set of beliefs you subscribe to.

God gives him/herself to everyone, in different ways. Some people like a handbook and a set of directions to find God, (organized-type religions) some people like the idea of independance from guidance, so God shows itself as nothing (atheism). Some find God in poetry and verse, some through art, some through science. God has many avatars, Jesus, Krishna, Siddartha Guatama (The Buddha) who appeared in history, whether truth or fiction, to guide and teach. To me, God shows up sometimes in the Bible, sometimes in the Upanishads sometimes in the Tao.

I know that Jesus never wanted to repress women, yet, some (many) forms of Christianity condone it. Jesus never said "You have to pay a Church to get to me" That's like organized crime for pete's sakes! Jesus taught things like, "the least among you is the greatest", "your Father knows what you need before you ask Him". I can find that, I don't need a spiritual leader to point it out (for a price), and I certainly don't need hate ridden blowhards like Jerry Fallwell to help me find my path.

Unfortunately, no religion is pure. All have been corrupted by humanity. So, as far as religion goes, I follow them all, or none of them, depending on how one looks at it. I try to take the best of everything, and I try to grow spiritually from it. I am a student of faith, and I will be forever.

11. Tiana Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm Christian, in the sense that I believe in God and that I believe in some parts of the Bible. However, I believe that many aspects of the Bible and God's word have been twisted over the ages and through the interpreter's personal views and biases.(sp?)

12. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm an atheist.

When I was smaller I always consciously avoided the quesiton of religion; in a very Christian Orthodox country, not being paptized is quite unusual.

When I was older, I realized that God doesn't really mean anything to me. If I were to wait for some large divine being to solve all my problems for me, I'd never get anything done for myself; I'm a dynamic person, but only when I'm motivated to move.

I don't believe in a grand design, or some sort of order: a) because if so, the design is probably VERY messed up, and b) Because I don't believe I fit into that sort of thing, and don't really want to.

I refuse to believe that I have to fit some "Heavenly Father's" plans...even if they're good ones...and I don't really want to.

There may be a God. I still wouldn't believe in Him. I want to be in control of my own destiny.

I don't go in for the "Kill, kill, kill" stuff either. As a general rule, I try to live a good, moral life. I just don't need to be afraid of going to hell to do so.

But I respect everyone's beliefs. Intolerance is the wrong way to do anything.

13. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

I usually stick to the old norse mythology. (Just for being an anarchist. :evil: )

14. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

SC, If you are anti-christ, then you are awfuly nice considering what you are ;) :D.

But seriously, I'm not religious in any way shape or form. The only times I go to church are when I get dragged along with school for the christmas service, i.e. once a year.

15. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the way and the life. You can only get to heaven through him.

Believe whatever you wish to believe, but for me and my house, We will serve the Lord.

16. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Same here I guess that's why my WIS is high
    but anyway I am a sort of monk

17. Mirkwood Guest

[​IMG] Believing in a god is the easy way out of life, suitable for morons. All the tough questions are answered for you... What happens when you die? You go live with god in heaven or if you've been a naughty little boy/girl then with satan in hell... What is the meaning of life? (no it's not 42) to serve god or some other retard - Hubbard or Buddha.

It's all a scam to get you to part with your money.

18. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

I think that religion is more than scam. Sure there are some called 'religions' there who want your money. But not all the religions are bad. Or are you really strong enough Mirkwood? ;) By the way, I'm not religious, but I haven't got any problems with the religious ones.

19. jesper898 Guest

[​IMG] im an atheist(sp)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.