1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Henchmen level questions

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Harbourboy, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] 1) How do I get my henchman to level up? I have gained two levels since I met him, but he is still stuck on Level 4.

2) Assuming that henchmen DO level up, if I change henchmen, will the new henchman be the same level as the previous one, or will they start back at the original low level?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    1) Talk to them.

2) They should match your level, -1. Henchmen always stay a level lower than you IIRC.

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The only exception to this rule is if you, FX, start a new game in chapter one, skipping out on the prologue, then the henchmen will be lvl 4. If you start in chapter two, they're lvl 8, and so on. This means that they won't gain levels before you have exceeded their current lvl by 2.

4. Firag Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

xxxxxxxxxxx I Cry to death when i read olimikrig post xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    no no seriusly Talk to the hechman and he will gain the levels :)

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK, so I was level 3 when I met Daelen and he was level 4. Now I am level 5. So I have to wait until I get to level 6 before he will level up?

Also are you saying that at that point if I trade him in for a new henchman, that that new henchman will also be able to level up to level 5, even though he didn't do anything to earn that experience?

6. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, as soon as you get to lvl 6, Daelan will lvl up to lvl 5.

All hencmen will always, besides for the exception I mentioned earlier, be one lvl lower than you. So yes, if you trade Daelan for another Henchman then he/she will be lvl 5 if you're lvl 6. He/She won't have to lvl up, but will be lvl 5 when you take him/her in.

If you start in chapter one, skipping the prelude, then your character will be lvl 1 and all henchmen lvl 4. They will level up to level 5 when you reach level 6, and that's a fact! You can talk to them all you want, they won't level up before your character reaches lvl 6... So cry all you want to, but you're stil wrong.

[ March 22, 2005, 07:21: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

7. Harbourboy

Thanks. Just reached level 6 and Daelan has finally improved to level 5. Do you ever get to influence what feats and skills they get when they level up? Do they ever get any better magic items as they progress, or are they stuck with whatever gear they start off with?

8. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

No, you can't choose their feats and skills, or even influence their choice. Their weapons and armor upgrade automatically with levels, although I'm not sure on the specifics.

9. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

In SoU and HotU you can direct your henchman to level up in different classes, including some of the prestige classes. It creates some interesting possibilities for multi-class henchmen (as well as some funny visuals to see the little kobold with dragon wings).

You can also equip them with different gear.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.