1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with IEEP

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Ghebast of Possessor, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Ghebast of Possessor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

O.k., so I'm kind of having trouble with the item-maker. I made my own item, and it works great... except two things. One, the description won't work (instead of what I typed, it shows random stuff like "help the peasants!"), and the other is that I can't get the proficiency to work (it won't let me select it). I altered my Soul Reaper +4 to see how the description worked there... it didn't. Instead it changed the file and now does the same as above (garbage description).

Any help with the description and proficiency? Thanks.

2. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Did you move the files to another computer, or does it diplay the "random stuff" after you quit IEEP, start the game and use CLUAConsole to get the item?

3. Ghebast of Possessor Gems: 1/31

I use the CLUA Console.

I just want to thank you in advance. I didn't expect such a quick reply.

4. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    It looks like you aren't setting the string refs properly. I'd recommend installing your items via weidu and adding new strings for your description, but someone else may have a better idea.

5. Ghebast of Possessor Gems: 1/31

O.k.... um, I have like no idea how to use WeiDu... :)

Does this have something to do with the dialog.tlk editor it comes with? Like, do I have to type the reference number into the description box? For example, Reference Number 24187 syas "testing..." do I type "24187" or "Reference 24187" into the text box or something to get it to work?

6. Baronius

No, you don't have to use the dialog.tlk editor. First of all, make sure no other BG2 editor is running when you use IEEP.

Did you follow these steps?
    1. Start IEEP, open item file, select it from Override
    2. Edit the texts (in the descriptions screen), make some other changes
    3. File menu -> Save Item, give a different name to it
    4. It should say "Item successfully saved" or something similar
    5. Close IEEP, it should work in the game
    (6. Optionally, you can test whether it correctly added the strings to dialog.tlk by using some dialog.tlk tool -- I assume the one you have should be okay. Just open your dialog.tlk and check if the last strings in it are the one you've given for the item.)

If it doesn't work, just try editing the texts (and nothing else such as proficiencies) and test whether it works or not.

7. Ghebast of Possessor Gems: 1/31

O.k., so this is what I just tried...

Nothing else was open: only IEEP

SpellMaker: Took Chromatic Orb (SPWI118.spl) and edited the description to "Testing..." Did nothing else. Saved file as CHROMA.spl. It didn't work (still had messed up description.

ItemMaker: Took "The curse of Captain Barge" (BHAALHEL.itm) and edited the identified text to say "Testing..." Did nothing else. Saved as BALLHELM.itm. Didn't work (had messed up description).

I noticed that the text for The curse of Captain Barge said (instead of something like "The curse of Captain Barge") "<Invalid Reference Number>". Does that mean anything?

8. Baronius

Are you sure you have the latest version? Check the TeamBG homepage for it, though I suppose SP also has the latest version (did you get it from SP, right?). I said TeamBG because I quickly tried it yesterday for a minute and it worked fine (at least the item editor component), and I guess my file was from TeamBG, not SP.

9. user33 Gems: 1/31

Might be this...

I had a similar problem: saved the object and loaded it into the game - all was working except for the description being random dialog.

I realised I had the IEEP configured to edit Baldurs Gate I files instead of Baldurs Gate II files!

Make sure you have the correct game selected in Game Choice menu on the main loader IEEP program.

Hope this helps.

--

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.