1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help w/ Kangaxx (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elessar, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Any tips on battling this guy?

I went in and managed to beat his first coming but he just became mad. In a matter of seconds he killed all three of my warriors of which one was the main character. Is death ward the way to go against him?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Hahahahaha :lol: Can you see why he is my idol? :D

Key words:

1) prot. form undead scrolls
    2) +5 weapons
    3) mordenkainens sword
    4) Barbarians

Extremist: :toofar: :D :spin:

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] LMAO! Good one

And it's +4 weapons or above. Or just use that nifty mace of disruption +2 and see him fall :D

5. Silverblade Guest

24 posts about this topic and still nobody can find it in the search option (or knows there is a search option). Does anyone ever read the FAQ? I think we haven't seen the last Kangaxx post yet.

6. Big B Gems: 27/31

Well there's a good chance somebody will have something new to say about Kangaax, that's never been said before. But definately, the "How do I beat Kangaax?" approach is getting old.

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I have something new to say Big B. Its spelled Kangaxx :p

8. Elessar Gems: 5/31

I don't know whether to be offended or thankful. I've sifted through 6 of the threads provided by the oft irritated Extremist. I'm no further ahead although I did get a good laugh out of the guy that used limited wish to summon 30 rabbits.

Here is a better question, can he be killed without cheating? And I do consider summoning 30 rabbits to kill a psychotic demi-lich cheating.

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I suppose it depends on what you consider cheating. The main thing you have to do is protect yourself from the "Imprisonment" ability that Kangaxx has. There are several ways of doing this:

One of the two Protection from Magic scrolls that you can buy from Ribald.

Cast Spell Immunity and choose Abjuration as the school.

Berzerker Rage.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Of course he can be killed without cheating.

If you're chapter two - buy in Adv. Mart Protection from Magic (2 scrolls available). Or you can buy Spell Immunity scrolls. Also buy Staff of Rynn here.
    Two more weapons can also hurt him if you get them in that chapter - Carsomyr and Staff of Magi.
    Cast protections - attack the bloody bastard.

And read those other linx!!!!

*sigh* and be offended - I'm repeating myself here

[EDIT]

Why BTA always must be faster :flaming: ;)

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 19, 2001).]

11. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

One really easy way to kill him, which you might regard as cheating would be to get a protection from undead scroll, give it to a character with a +4/+5 weapon, hide the rest of your party and just start hitting away.

THis is a cheasy way of killing him tho, but is probably less cheasy than setting 100 traps.

12. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

The real question is why anyone would want to find Kangaxx. If you're a fellow of the good persuasion, then why free a nasty fellow like that? If you're an evil lad, well -- why bother?

[This message has been edited by Shralp (edited September 19, 2001).]

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Because you never know... maybe he was made for lovin' :p :p

14. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you're stupid. (-: Ever read the journal entry after building and then killing Kangaxx? It says "Gee, I guess I should be more careful about doing things strange skulls tell me to in the future." *laugh*

15. Elessar Gems: 5/31

Hi ya Shralp, I asked myself the same question as my lawful good paladin was talking to him. I couldn't find a reason in character but I want to do it for the fun of it. It is not turning out to be all that fun. Aside from getting chastised by Extremist the demi lich is kicking the _____ out of me. After searching 12 old threads and BTA's advice I'm close. (pen and paper was so much easier than trying to control all this stuff at one time)

16. zantetsuken Guest

Call 2 fire Elementals...(The bigger, the better) Have a Simulacrum or Reflected Image and Cast Protection from Magic on both. Have your spellcasters cast Melf's Minute Meteor...Then have the Mages and the Summons go for it! (Mordekainen's Sword also works... if not for the low duration...) You should have no problem... just keep the fighters out of the way until you're done. (I'm saying this from the Mage point of view, so if you're a majority non-mage party...Just consider the concept:D. Jaheira or Cernd could do the Fire Elemental summonings too...)

BTW, Nobleman, Barbarians don't stand a chance against Kangaax (unless you're solo, got Vhailor's Helm, casted Protection from Magic, are using a +4 weapon, etcetera, etcetera....) I'm only saying this if you're referring to the the Barbarian's Barbarian Rage, however. If you're referring to how he could easily kill Kangaax with just the right stuff, No Comment. I'll go for Dwarven Barbarians any day in SoA.

Only the Berserker's Enrage makes them immune to imprisonment.

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Zantetsuken I always mess up Beserkers and Barbarians. Its a mental block :rolleyes:

Shralp good aligned creatures should do this because if they can kill those guarding the pieces they must be stronger and more capable of defending them. And when they got the pieces its better to destroy evil than to keep evil at bay.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 20, 2001).]

18. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Lol at Nobleman for your response to my earlier post. *Writes "I will learn to spell Kangaxx correctly for now on." 1000 times.* :p

19. Elessar Gems: 5/31

Well I finished the threads Extremist gave me and low and behold Kangaxx is no more. One thing these threads had in common, besides Kangaxx, was Extremist feeling superior and acting like an ass to anyone he felt like. This seems to be a recurring theme with him. Wise up little computer geek and treat people with respect, not everybody is as obsessed with the game as you. Get a life ya little snapper head :) .

20. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'll just try to state this without spreading the flames of that last post.

Elessar, there are reasons why people get upset when someone comes to the board and asks a question that has been asked and answered one hundred (in the case of Kangaxx maybe several hundred) times before.

There is a functional reason: Every time someone repeats a post like that, you make it harder for people doing a search on it to find relevent and concise information. As Extremists post pointed out, it already had been asked tons of times. Now when someone searches for it, there will be yet another thread that may come up, that time will be wasted on sifting through to get an answer.

The second is boredom, our boy Ex answers lots of questions, in this case he's answered it lots of times, so he still wants to help, but he needs to entertain himself as well! He did after all, help.

Point being: in the future, search for your questions first, and please don't launch personal attacks on people, move on, have fun, etc., I can tell all ready just from what has been said, that this could turn into a flame war.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.