1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help: Charming Glaicas

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Midnight Voyager, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Midnight Voyager Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have been told that there is a non-violent solution to the Glacias encounter involving "charming him to normalcy". Is this just a myth, or... am I gonna have to toss the discs like frisbees for not letting the trick WORK right?
    Heeeeeeeelp!

[ November 23, 2002, 10:44: Message edited by: Extremist ]

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My gut feeling is that this is an April Fool's Day kind of thing.

I've seen lots of people suggest the possibility, but I have yet to see anyone actually describe the method for it that works.

In any event, there's no need to get worked up over it. Just kill him, and then loot his flail head and full plate mail.

[ November 23, 2002, 07:05: Message edited by: Beren ]

3. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes, it works. I've done it many times. The Ring of Something Influence (the one that raises your charisma to 18) can also Charm Person once per day. Aim that at him and hope for the best. I'm not sure if you get more XP one way or the other, though.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's not urban legend, the problem is that the original script is bugged so it's almost impossible to perform it.

If you have a problem with doing it, install the SPfixpack which replaces original low level dispel effects with dispel effects that never fail.

If you want older threads about this, please use word Glaicas in the search engine - not Glacias.

[ November 23, 2002, 10:43: Message edited by: Extremist ]

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Who was Glaicas again? Might want to try that out.

6. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hulio I'Glaicas - I think he's a bard. :D

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

LOL!

Forashi, it's the person in DeArnise hold that has one part for the Flail of Ages.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh alright, thx. Been about 6 months since I last played this. Been to NWN for awhile, and now that I finally recognize BG2 for the perfect game that it is I have to get back to it.

9. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes, it is possible but due to the bug script, very VERY difficult to do without the recommended patch.

You need one person who can charm (either a character with ring of human influence, or Minsc who has charm abilities) - enter room with just the character who will do the charming and one other, prefereably with boots of speed because they have to get next to glaicas as soon as possible. Have the game pause on sight and use the charm ring/skill on him and hope that it works... at the same time, the other character must hit him just before the green charm wears off - as soon as u see a blue ring on him pause and talk to him. I can only get this to work about1 out of every 20 times, so it is hardly worth it - I think you get slightly more experience, but you don;t get Glaicas' other items (not that u need them) - still, its worth a try if you want to see it!

10. Kid of Creation Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

dominate works 1/3 of the time.

11. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Veteran

hello there, i'd like to assemble the flail of ages but each time i played bg2 and did Nalia's quest i never encountered this Glaicas, so where could i possibly find him ? is there a secret door involved, or a blocked door i need to open with brute strength ?

12. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Holy thread necro Batman! Its nearly a decade old!

Glaicas is on the upper floor of the keep where the library is. To get to him, there is a hidden door in one of the rooms. you need to get the keep key from the library first - that will allow you to open a door to the north that contains the hidden door. I think. I could be wrong. Get the keep key from the library first and then visit all of the rooms on that floor, one of them will have the hidden door that leads to Glaicas.

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Linky

To find Glaicas:

- Go to the library (2) and kill what you find there. Loot the shelf for the keep key.
    - Go to the locked door (4) and enter.
    - Proceed down right, then down left, and open the door into (6) to find Glaicas.

14. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Veteran

thanks a lot guys, i'll be doing that

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.