1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Have you ever dual classed Xzar?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Bassil Warbone, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I noticed Xzar has a high wisdom due to his school of specialty :hmm: , So I used a tome to boost it on up in order to dual him to a Cleric. This worked out pretty well, I dual him at 6th level Necromancer and he topped out at 8th level Cleric. :thumb: Sweet! I Enjoy him much better this way :cool:

[ April 08, 2006, 19:46: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Now that's an interesting dual class. Never ocurred to me, but that's maybe because I don't like Xzar and tend not to take him along.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I was going to in one of my upcoming games. I'm figuring on dualling him at third though, to get the two second level spells but still be able to get his Necro levels back quickly.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Um... why third? Unless you plan on him being your only cleric, I would imagine that it would be more useful to go higher than that. I'd probably go to at least level 5 to get two third level spells (including useful things like skull trap, fireball, and Monster Summoning I). I don't think level 7 is a possibility though (as there isn't enough XP left to get to level 8). Honestly though, there are only a couple of useful 4th level spells (in BG1) so you'd never wait to get to level 7 just to access those spells. Still, there are a ton of useful 3rd level spells so I would go to at least 5, and level 6 like Bassil did would give you a third selection.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Xzar is a riot -- his comments are great. The only problem: I usually only need one cleric and that's Viconia if I'm playing evil.

Fel, you're the expert, but I'd dual at 6th with ToSC, 5th without. The ability to cast third level spells is quite an advantage.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

...or that I'm also going to have Edwin and Xan. Plus, my PC will be a Barbarian in Tutu, as well as my only tank (well, Viccy might help a little), so I'm going to need all the healing I can get as soon as I can get it. I was originally planning to dual at second, but I compromised for third for the second level spells; two more levels really...well, I don't know. :hmm: I'll have to think about it. :rolling:

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I dualled him once (I also dualled Safana and Skie once -in different games of course) I do agree that's quite funny actually.

8. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

@ Felinoid: Level 5 necromancer is easy to reach and it still gives you a third level spell.I dualed him at 4 Level once, It was :cool: but when I powergame 6/8 level is the way to go :evil:

9. Tillix Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just wanted to remember you guys of
    this thread.

I always planned on taking all these dual classed in one run after reading that!

10. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Thats good info Tillix :thumb: I Had considered Making Xzar a Thief once but used the tome of Dex on my pc insted :heh: I think I would enjoy
    Xzar as a Thief. Talk about the new Lord of Murder :evil:
    These are Dual Classes I Have Tried:

Shar-Teel:Fighter Dual to Thief. She Rocks :love:
    I wish she could dual to a Mage :(

Safana:Thief Dual to Mage Not Quite in Imoen's league but close and I Love her voice :love: I wish she could be dualed to a Fighter.

Xzar:Mage Dual to Cleric He is a Powerhouse :evil:
    the cleric HPs help A lot. I can't wait to try him as a thief.

Imoen:Thief Dual to Mage Always a favorite for me :thumb:

I have never tried Branwen:Cleric Dual to Thief or Dynaheir:Mage Dual to Cleric I rarely use them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.