1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Has foruming changed, or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arctic Daishi, Mar 2, 2013.

?

Which is it?

1. It's not just you, small communities like that are much harder to come by nowadays.

81.8%
  2. It's just you, those kind of small communities are still popular.

18.2%
  1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are 2 places I visit frequently online. SP I visit about every day and there's a Dutch Christian dating- / community site I visit every now and then. This place (SP) would be my online home. I remember I was looking for a nice place to discuss BG2 and other RPG's about 12 years ago, but all I found was sites with dazzling, flashy banners and signatures, flaming/trolls, or just lame advice I didn't ask for ("I want a party with nice NPC banter. Any advice? - Just play solo. You level up much quicker and blabla...").

So Faragon told me about this place and I never bothered to look elsewhere. (I miss making fun of that chap here, btw, and having awful tastes of my own medicine even more so. It's a good thing I see him in RL regularly. :D)

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I found this place when googling about a question I had concerning BG. I never really visited forums until then. Other than for work purposes, I never really used the net much either. It led me to start searching for more SP-like forums. I never really found one I liked nearly as much as SP. So this is the place I visit when I need a break from everyday life. Lots of good peeps here. I can't say if there were a lot of similar sites prior to when I joined, but I haven't found many since.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I came here ten years ago for some help getting through Icewind Dale II. I don't even know where my disks for that game are now. It's certainly not installed on any computers that are currently operational in my house. I also had no kids when I joined here so the world has certainly changed a lot.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.