1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Has anyone tried FF12 yet? **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Dice, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Really? So if I enter the area where the Seeq is then leave, if I re-enter and leave that area it will eventually appear? :confused:

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Ugh, I played 50 minutes last night and it looks like the time was completely wasted. I looked at the clan primer at the end and I see that I killed off a hunt critter in the Pharos without having received the hunt. I know I was warned against doing that earlier in the game but up until now I have never had a hunt critter show up before I was offered and accepted the hunt. This sucks.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Oh, that sucks :eek:

Do you have an alternate save file just before that?

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes :) . Just leave the area via the bridge that you built out of deadfall and then come back so the area screen loads again. Eventually he will appear for you.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It turns out that my alternative save file was after I fought the mark hunt critter. My next latest save is from something like 20 hours of gameplay ago.

What really annoys me is that after looking at the picture in the beastiary it turns out that the mark hunt critter was what I had assumed was a mini-boss that I needed to beat before I could advance from level one to level two of the Pharos. Actually, I am pretty sure I did need to beat it to advance. I have always checked regularly for new hunts so I don't know how I could NOT have screwed this one up. This is bloody annoying.

6. Dice

Media:
    So I assume JSBB that you are going to revert to your save that is 20 hrs previous? I've had that kind of gaming experience before and now I'm very careful about alternating my save files. Even though its very annoying having to go back I imagine it would be more annoying to go ahead and have the rest of your game affected. At least its better than having to replay the whole game.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, I think I will just give up on doing all of the hunts and just finish the game.

Edit: Hmm, actually I may not ever end up finishing the game - I packaged the memory card inside a shirt to bring it back from Chicago but I forgot that I did this and it looks like I put the card through the wash. I am letting it dry out a bit before I try it but I am willing to bet that the card is toast.

[ December 16, 2006, 23:59: Message edited by: JSBB ]

8. Dice

Media:
    Wow, that really sucks JSBB. Sorry to hear that friend.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Holy crap! :eek:

In the event that it doesn't work, will you start again? At least if you do, you now know about which chests to pass on for the Zodiac Spear? :/

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well I must give :thumb: to Sony - the memory card still works!

I finished the Pharos today - another two mini-bosses are showing in the beastiary as hunt critters so it has to be a misclassification - there is no way that all three of these wimps were hunt critters. In the process I got another two espers.

After finishing Pharos I received three new hunts - I have done one of them. I also went around everywhere and did some shopping. There is some very nice loot available now not to mention the remaining spells. I kind of question making so many of the spells only appear after beating Pharos - it is practically at the end of the story. I am missing one spell, Ardor, and I can't think of any store that I have not checked.

Finally, I just finished taking down Zodiark to give me 12 espers. He is a bit annoying - he keeps throwing up immunity to magic and/or physical attacks and has a dark based attack that can wipe out the entire party. All my characters had dark absorbing equipment and sometimes it worked and my characters were completely healed but other times it didn't and my characters were killed - it was kind of bizarre really.

I ended up having my entire party killed several times but when I brought in the reserves I would have them start by casting arise on the characters they replaced so it really didn't inconvenience me much. Arise has a very quick casting time so you can pretty much always cast it before the enemy reacts to your replacement characters appearing which means that it is really hard for you to be completely wiped out.

Edit: Well, it took me the entire evening but I finally managed to negotiate the Crystal maze and found Ultima. She wasn't that tough really. The only annoying things were rotating attack/magic/item/technique/HP drain/MP drain fields but they were only one at a time so it wasn't too bad. Her holy attacks were useless as I equipped hats that absorb holy. Her tactic of casting reverse on my characters and then unloading on mass heal spells was the only thing that really did any damage. That gives me the complete set of 13 espers. I should probably try actually using them one of these days.

[ December 19, 2006, 06:21: Message edited by: JSBB ]

11. Dice

Media:
    Nice! I'm glad you didn't lose your game JSBB. I agree that they should give you a lot the spells sooner in the game. Maybe they do it that way so that you have an insentive to replay. That wouldn't give me enough reason to replay, but maybe that was their reasoning.

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I found the missing spell - I had completely forgotten about the guy who was selling it. The funny thing about replay is that the shops inventories are all dependent on you completing plot events so there isn't really any ability to do much differently. You will always have to beat the Pharos before you can get any of the best spells and that is almost at the end of the game.

The Sky Pirates Lounge is getting a bit crowded now - again it is kind of silly the timing on these awards. There were a bunch that I got really quickly, then I barely got any for most of the game, and then I have got a whole bunch since I finished the Pharos.

13. Dice

Media:
    Actually it does make sense in some way about giving really good spells near the end. If you had them earlier then it might affect how easy the game is although I imagine that shortening a 3 hour boss fight would be a good thing.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The mysterious mini-bosses who showed up as marks made a return appearance as a mark's minions so I guess that makes some sense.

I have taken down 44 of the 45 marks now - that just leaves the 50 million HP wonder. I hear it is normally a five hour fight to take it out. Maybe after Christmas I may try it but for now I think not.

I unlocked the fishing mini-game. I really hate that sort of game but I managed to do well enough on the first level to unlock the second level. I also caught all of the message bottles. I guess I will see what the message bottle sidequest is about next.

15. Dice

Media:
    How do you unlock the fishing mini-game? Can you do it earlier in the game or do you have to wait until the end?

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

You can unlock the fishing mini-game any time after the Draklor Lab. You need to talk to the old ferryman in the village in the Dalmasca Eastersand - he will tell you that he wants to take up fishing but he has no rod.

You then have to go to the Balfonheim Port and find a guy fishing near the aerodrome - speak to him twice to get the option to ask about his rod. Walk to the aerodrome entrance but don't go in - instead walk back to where the fisherman was - you will see that he has left and that his rod is propped up against the building - grab it and head back to the ferryman who wanted to fish.

Speak to the ferryman and he will give you the option to go fishing with him.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

JSBB or anyone else:

have you finished the game? because I'm still on my way to the feywood and I've lost steam. The story so far hasn't really struck me as very involving and I'm actually thinking of stopping and just starting a new FFX game :/

is it worth finishing? does the story get better? because my friend says that the game is nearly over story-wise.

18. Half-elven Duergar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I've had this game for quite some time now, but I only got to play it about a month ago (prolly because of my addiction to CRPGs), I like it despite it's new battle system. I'm currently heading for Archades. A question though, how do you know when it is going to rain in the Giza Plains? I kinda accepted the Gil Snapper bill and I could'nt find it, except for twigs and such stuck to a bunch of dark crystals.

19. Dice

Media:
    Read earlier in this thread half-elven, I think someone already answered that question. In the beginning of the game I think its pretty much a matter of luck. I just kept checking periodically and eventually I got into the right season.

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I have not finished the game - I was trying to do all of the extra stuff and I just lost interest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.