1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Harry Potters and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by JSBB, Dec 22, 2006.

1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Gasp, Borders has just e-mailed me to let me know that the title for the next Harry Potter book has been announced and you can sign up now to be notified when the book becomes available for pre-order. WTF? That has got to be one of the stupidest promotional gimmicks that I have ever heard of.

You would almost think the books were scarce on their release dates - I can assure you that they are not. For the last two books by 4:00 PM on the release date you could walk into an almost empty book store and buy one of the 100 copies of the book that they had heaped on display.

Second, the books are invariably available for pre-order months before release and everyone who pre-orders has received theirs on the release day.

Why on earth would anyone think they had to sign up for notification of the pre-order start date?

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm more excited than Michael Jackson in a nursery. Bring it on, I can't wait. Big Potter fan, lovin' it. I love BoM it's the only place I can say I like Harry Potter and get away without being crucified.

3. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Barmy Army: You are not alone, at least for the books, not for those stupid movies.

4. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Wait! Where did I put that cross again..? :evil:

:outta:

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I love the books too, I havent read the Half Blood Prince yet though so I'm hoping to read all 6 of the books next year just in time for the release. The release date is supposed to be the 7th, of the 7th month, 2007, for obvious reasons. Although Rowling might not use that exact date out of respect for the London bombings. Oh and if anyone is leaving plot details for The Half Blood Prince can you please leave a spoiler warning as I have been actively trying to avoid any spoilers, apart from a Liverpool University open day I went to and somebody had scratched "Dumbledore dies" into the desk I was sat at. Arsehole's. :mad:

[ December 23, 2006, 14:11: Message edited by: Duffin ]

6. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yeah, unless you had read it during the first, say, five days it arrived, you were almost bound to get the big spoiler sooner or later. It got spammed practically everywhere :mad:

7. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You can actually pre-order the book on amazon. Its not even finished yet!

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Wait, where did I put that lighter again?

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Big potter fan here. Very big. Cant wait for the release.

Edit:As I write this, I notice 3 adds for various Harry Potter Websites and merchendise on BoM

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

KillHarry KillHarry KillHarry...

What? A guy can dream, can't he? Give Potter a blaze of glory death.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.