1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hardest enemy

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by inquisitor25, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Big Bad Bert Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It becomes a +2 instead of a +1 weapon and also confers immunity to level drain. I think there may well be 1 or 2 other advantages but memory escapes me.

(It can kill Undead/Liches with 1 hit, after a long ruck with Kangaxx I decided to hit him with the mace...done 2 damage but killed him outright even though he wasn't near death.)

Here you go -

Mace of Disruption +1
    This heavy mace was created for a very specific purpose: to slay undead. Any such creature hit by it not only feels the sting of weapon, but also has a chance of being simply blasted from existence. There are legends that speak of a priest so holy a single glancing touch could send a vampire to oblivion, but whether the weapon empowered her or she empowered it is a topic for theologians.

STATISTICS:

Combat Abilities: 2-12 +4 damage to Undead, plus they must make a saving throw vs. death (-4 penalty) or be utterly destroyed
    THACO: +1
    Damage: 1D6 + 2
    Damage type: crushing
    Weight: 8
    Speed Factor: 6
    Proficiency Type: Mace
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 10 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Mage
    Thief

Mace of Disruption +2
    This heavy mace was created for a very specific purpose: to slay undead. Any such creature hit by it not only feels the sting of weapon, but also has a chance of being simply blasted from existence. There are legends that speak of a priest so holy a single glancing touch could send a vampire to oblivion, but whether the weapon empowered her or she empowered it is a topic for theologians.
    Now that the mace has been coated with illithium, it is even more potent, conferring to its user immunity to the life-draining powers of the more powerful undead.

STATISTICS:

Combat Abilities:
    2-12 +4 damage to Undead, plus they must make a saving throw vs. death (-4 penalty) or be utterly destroyed
    Immunity to Level Drain
    THACO: +2
    Damage: 1D6 + 3
    Damage type: crushing
    Weight: 8
    Speed Factor: 6
    Proficiency Type: Mace
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 10 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Mage
    Thief

[This message has been edited by Big Bad Bert (edited April 25, 2001).]

2. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

well it makes it a +2 and makes the wielder imune to level drain, it basicly makes it a stronger vampire killer. To get it upgraded you need to do the helm mini quest. You give the upper class snotty bloke the fake illithium and keep the propper stuff. Personaly i think that way is better because you get more praise from the preist that way really. The dragons the first time round in the game were bloody difficult you tend to panic, coz i played bg1 and had no idea that you could get a monster that big. anyways i came back when i completed firkraag dungeon with the red dragon slaying sword and killed Thaxll'ssillyia pretty easily. that was probably because by then my assasin had about 3*in long sword. It turned out to be very nasty, very nasty indeed. but the demilich was piss, with the mace and some research before i went ni to the battle, but hey i came out with 2! rings of the gaax!!! (just pick pocket the lich as soon as it comes out of the coffin straight away.

3. [​IMG] I thought Dragons to be the hardest enemy until I took on the Golden bones quest and met Kangaxx the demi-lich.

To anyone who wants to do this battle, summoned creatures and ring of the ram...

4. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] what if i had already used the illithium for a different quest(the one in the temple district)?

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Then you are SOL with regard to the Mace of Disruption +2.

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Assuming you aren't using Shield of Balduran or Cloak of Mirroring...

I think Elder Orbs (Beholder) are tricky enemies. The whole Beholder race force you to fight in a different way. There are almost no other monster that is as deadly as Beholders can be unless you know how to protect against them.

When you're new to BG2 I think the Beholders will cause you more problems than a Dragon. You are also forced to fight Beholders which isn't the case with dragons and Kangaxx.

7. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The worst enemies you can possible face are the most hated Illithid... (Spits it out in a Githyanki voice)

I hope the new psi prestige class 'illithid hunter' will be implemented in D&D computer games aswell :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.