1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Halloween! Beware: The devil is in your candy!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Ragusa, Oct 30, 2009.

?

Is the devil in your candy?

1. There is no devil in my candy!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. The devil is in my Snickers!

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Nonsense, the devil is only in Twix!

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. What are you talking about anyway?

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    T2, those two links seem to indicate, at best, that they're rare, not that they don't happen. I saw the first one on my search, but not the second.

My point with bringing this whole topic up was merely to show that there are extremist groups out there that do things like this.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What the articles show is the incidents are random and don't appear to be any more frequent than on any other day. The only ligitimate concern humane societies have for cats around now is the morons who choose to adopt for a few days so they can use the cat to help set the mood for their elaborate Halloween displays.

There is no greater concern about cat getting harmed on Halloween than any other day (except more teens are out and about wreaking havok).

3. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    My cat is black but with a little bit of white. Is she safe? IS SHE SAFE??? :mommy:

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...if the devil is in my Snickers, them I'm going straight to hell! The only thing better than Snickers is *more* Snickers! :yum:

5. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Kit, you mean like the only sin you can do with garlic is not using ENOUGH of it.. ? :D

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of garlic, I remember going on a "garlic party" some time ago, with all foods containing generous amounts of garlic. Haha, I'll never forget the face of the cop who stopped our car when we opened the window ... :lol:

Now, last week I made a soup containing no less than 35 cloves of garlic, and I didn't stink afterwards. But how that works, I won't tell you :p

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Not on Snickers, I hope! :p

8. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

I hope you only made one portion of that soup. 35 cloves for a whole kettle is a bit on the low side. 35 whole garlics, on the other hand.. ;)

9. Ragusa

Media:
    For about one and a half litres, about three portions.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:skeptic: Are you trying to be Van Helsing?

11. Ragusa

Media:
    I merely want to do something for my coronary arteries ... no, seriously, the soup just tastes great. And: You don't stink.

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm, I thought the affiliation between black cats and witches was different... I read somewhere that "wise women" who believed themselves to be in danger of a curse (apparently one of the risks of the profession) would keep a cat and use it as a lightning rod of sorts. By rubbing itself on the master, any curses on him or her would pass to the cat. The more curses a cat has taken from its master, the darker its fur would be.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.