1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Half-Orc with human *father*?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by chevalier, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've just remembered a thread on the NWN forums about half-orcs. It started off discussing the RP possibilities from such an unusal pairing (once people got away from rape). One idea that was mentioned was as the fruit of a political marriage between an orcish and a human barbarian tribe. That led to the suggestion of a role for the half-orc as a Ghengis Khan, uniting the barbarian tribes and then leading them against some great threat. Food for thought.

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

That would also make many elves and halflings Food for Orcs!

Great campaign idea (hint hint Erran & Arwen)

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] One Alfan's half orc bio was that her orcish mother had been placed under an alter appearance spell by a meddlesome mage to appear as a beautiful human maiden. She met a human male, they fell in love and she gave birth to the half orc child. This also 'broke the spell', restoring her orcish appearance. However, they stayed together, forever outcasts from human and orcish society.
    Creative, eh?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, at least the kid's parents didn't get killed by orcs. :shake:

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Erran: I hope Aikanaro won't read your post or my paladin will have to be very careful :D

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Also, it coould be a very charismatic orc female, say Whitney Houston, and a very charismatic paladin, say Chevalier, and the two of the could walla-walla, whow-whow, meaoch, raff-raff and such things. Sure you would like that Chev?

7. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

This may seem somewhat random but I thought the analogy fit -- What about Hagrid's Dad in Harry Potter? I mean his Mom wasn't even an orc -- she was a giantess! So if you can have half-giants. . .

Another thought is the Piers Anthony Xanth approach: it's a magic world, all creatures can mate and end up doing so due to copious amounts of love springs all over the place. And this of course produces a WIDE variety of half-breeds (winged centaurs, girlfons, etc.) I always did like that about the Xanth books, no matter what happens Piers Anthony is never short on magical creatures.

8. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I always thought that series was hilarious and that was one of the reasons, but thats besides the point. I think that would sorta ruin things in the forgotten realms then they would have many more monsters since there are many more authors and many more books. But think, wouldnt it be wierd to have a half kobold hald dragon?

9. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

This is slightly off topic, but would a hafling and an orc make an orcling? It sounds so cute...

10. chevalier

Media:
    And how in the abyss are you going to make an orc fit in a halfling? :eek:

11. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, if it were a mage halfling, she could cast reduce on certain parts of the orc.

Other way around, if it were a she-orc, the halfling would have some trouble pleasing her, is my guesses :grin:

12. chevalier

Media:
    Faragon, other way round is easier. You know that group of second-level spells: Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendour, Orc's Size :D :p ;)

But in all honesty I can't imagine a half-elven half-orc. Horror, abomination, travesty.

13. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Perhaps, Chev, but as I recall, Tolkein's orcs were descended of elves twisted by dark magic. That would make it seem possible, if highly unlikely. There always seem to be mages with more power and "curiosity" than common sense or caring.

14. chevalier

Media:
    Well, but I still don't imagine an elf and an Orc doing things without the elf being physically unable to provide resistance.

15. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Anyone thought of artificial insemination, for a little more realistical approach?

16. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I was thinking more along the lines of magical mental persuasion / control as a contributing factor. Charm person, dominate person, hold person, polymorph, etc. are common spells that most any magic wielder can master. A true master (perhaps an epic spellcaster) could come up with spells to twist the mind of any elf and/or orc.

17. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

What if a human male met a really nice LG Orc Female, and he didn't care about her looks, but instead how she is on the inside? :p

Maybe they'd fell in love and have a little baby ;)

18. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I liked the whole mystery that can be found in Arcanum concerning half ogres. Gnomes kidnapping women and using them to create half ogre bodyguards. Most of them died shortly afterwards, of course.

Maybe a drunkard barbarian took to the picture of the half orc female from Icewind Dale II...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.