1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Half-Orc avatars? But what about the character?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Silver Bear, Jul 17, 2003.

1. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the "character" of the Half-Orc? I mean...his avatar really is of a Half-Orc! But in the gameplay he's just another Human. It's terrible to see your "beatiful" Half-Orc Berserker all armored and stuffed at the Record screen being represented by a Human at the game...can it be changed?

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only thing you could change it to would be either the Orc or Orog avatar, but neither would give you a paperdoll in your inventory or change your gamescreen avatar when you equip armor. It would probably crash your game, actually. Sorry, you're stuck with a plain old stinky unattractive human. :(

At least you can change the skin and hair color to match as best you can. There are some helmets and armors that look particularly...well, Orcy. Just be creative.

3. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

Yeah!! I thought it couldn't have a solution for this. I really can't understand why Bioware haven't thought about it...it's very boring to play with a Half-Orc and use a Human instead. Anyway..thanks for the answer!!

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually... the half-orc avatar is different from a humans, just not very.

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What are the differences? They look identical to me. I know in Shadowkeeper the avatar is assigned "Fighter Half Orc" or whatever, but I didn't think the in-game avatar was any different.

6. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

When you open the Inventory screen..it will be a nice looked and charismatc Half-Orc Beserker...when you play with it (I mean playing...) there'll will be just a copy of the human like Minsc but with some different colors...

7. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Thanks, I knew that. What I believe 8people was saying was that the in-game character in the play screen (also known as the 'avatar') was slightly different from the human one, though they look identical to me. I am aware that the inventory screen version (also known as the 'paperdoll') was that of a buffed-out, freaky, dreadlock-sportin', snout havin' half-orc. Get it?

8. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31

Yeah..I got it. Although it doesn't makes me feel better..I just feel like is really necessary a rel Half-Orc paperdoll...but it's ok! Life goes on... :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.