1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Guess their ages...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by komei, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Considering the races:

Remember, there are bhaalspawns of all races, even rabbits, and that shows that he could take any form he wanted. Just because the gods were sent to Fareûn it doesn't mean that they lost their powers.

Just IMHO that is.

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dammit! :mad: Who told you my secret!?!?

:rolling:

3. Register Gems: 29/31

Lol. No, I actually ment Imoen. :)

4. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

How long ago was the Time of Troubles, cause that would be about how old the PC,Imoen, and Sarevok are.

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well for one, there are different opinions about the elven age-table. Even though the general max-age is around 300-400, the drow age is mentioned to be around 700. So Viconia can easily be centuries old.

As for Imoen, I doubt she's as young as 14. Since in BG1 it was said that the protagonist is 20-22 years old and Imoen just a bit younger, I'd believe her to be around 18-20 years old. Even 18 seems a bit too young for me.

As for the Time of Troubles syndrome, where's the problem in that? I don't think it ever said anywhere that Bhaal was spreading his seed only during the Time of Troubles (how long was that time anyway? a couple of weeks or months?). He was able to learn of his demise beforehand. How much before, is as good as anyone's guess. The way I see it, as a god he could have learned of this centuries or even milennias before it actually happened. So his seedlings could be anything from 10 to 1000 years old.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

PC - 20 :D
    Imoen - 19 (only a bit younger, that is what they say)
    Minsc - 25 (Remember why he left Rashmen in the first place?)
    Jaheira - 30
    Yoshimo - 35
    Aerie - 20
    Nalia - 25
    Korgan - 45
    Anomen - 25
    Viconia - 25
    Jan - 45
    Edwin - 45
    Keldorn - 55 (old fart :p )
    Haer'Dalis - 25
    Valygar - 35
    Mazzy - 25
    Cernd - 30

Irenicus - 50 (becoming an archmage must have taken time)
    Bodhi - 47 (Irenicu's sister can't be much younger/older than him)
    Saverok - 21 (a bit older than the PC)
    Saemon - 30

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    In human years...

PC:
    20, like everybody says.

Imoen:
    18 or 19, I think. Maybe a little younger.

Jaheira:
    I'd say she's in her late thirties.
    Maybe early fourties even.

Minsc:
    Around 30.

Yoshimo:
    Around 30 as well. Maybe a little younger.

Aerie:
    15 human years.

Korgan:
    Around 35. You can't be a killing machine if you're too old.

Anomen:
    29-30.

Nalia:
    In her mid twenties?

Keldorn:
    I think his biography states that he's over 50, so I'd say he's around 52.

Jan:
    Hmmmmm...40-45 probably. He's a bit of a jack-of-all-trades isn't he?

Mazzy:
    Around 36.

Haer'Dalis:
    Ummm...pass.

Edwin:
    30-35.

Cernd:
    Definitely 40.

Viconia:
    In her mid-30s I think.

Valygar:
    He's a tough one...32 I think.

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

PC: I'd say around 20 or so. Still fairly young

Imoen: 19 -- a little younger than the PC but not much -- whoever said 14 doesn't teach 14 year old girls!

Minsc: 25
    Jaheira: 55 (1/2 elven)
    Aerie: 95
    Jan: 75
    Keldorn: 43
    Anomen: 27
    Korgan: 105
    Viconia: 200
    Edwin: 33
    Nalia: 20
    Cernd: 43
    Yoshimo: 28
    Haer'Dalis: 50
    Valygar: 34

That's all I can remember!

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Right.

PC= about 21, as you spent two decades at candlekeep, and about a year adventuring.
    Imoen= about the same, she was at candlekeep with you remember?
    Minsc=Young, on his forst mission/dajemma
    Jaheira=at least 40-knew Gorion before the twenty years he was at candlekeep, and she must have been at least 20 when she was adventuring.
    Viconia= in the R A Salvatore books, Drizzt begins training to be a warrior at about the age of 18. He spends nine years training, as do the priestesses. Viconia was a new priestess, so she couldn't be that old
    Aerie=older than Jaheira(so she claims) she was mature when she was captured, and elves take a long time to mature.
    I don't know about the others

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Aerie wasn't necessarily mature when she was captured. The age of majority for elves is 110, which is more or less equivalent to human 15 - ie major but not yet mature, adult in all aspects or whatever you call it.

@LKD: So if you estimate Aerie's age to be sort of human 14, I bet you don't romance her... too much? :shake: :D

11. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The fall of House DeVir thing is pretty messed in BG series.
    1)The party meets Drizzt some 20 years after the fall of Viconia's house. And it's clear she hasn't been a rogue for so long.
    2)The reasons of the house's fall in dishonor of Lolth are different in Underdark campaign settings book (or was it Menzoberanzan one?) and BG (IIRC damaging a lot of Drow for selfish reasons in the book / Viconia's fall from grace in BG).

Anyway, Salvatore has troubles with this as well. In Crystal shard he states that Drizzt has lived in the Underdark for +-200 years. In Dark Elf trilogy it's 40.

I had other "bugs" about Viconia but I forgot.

12. Daie d'Malkin

I don't mind romancing a 14 year old. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. :D

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] That is extremely worrying someone would want to do that :rolleyes:

Remember - Aerie is Avariel, which look younger anyway.

The Player and Sarevok would be the same age - they were both there when Gorion saved you from the priestesses about to sacrifice you both.

Adventuring would age you and your comrades, at one point I believe Viconia talkes about the scars and lines on your face.

Keldorn would most likely be mid forties as he has lived past forty as he said before - not many live past that age in the order and he has accomplished it.

Also if the FR is sort of Medieval/fantasy wouldn't 50 Human years be really old?

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    50 is very old in madiaeval world, like today's 60-65. Plus, fewer people were living that long, so it'd be a rare sight. Thus Keldorn could even be 45.

Aerie is typically underaged. Oh, she could be +/- human 18-19 if someone really insisted, but well... it always feels sick ;)

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31

FR isn't in a medieval setting. Yes, swords and bows and metal armor were prevealent in the Middle Ages, but there are such things as crossbows (introduced in later Middle Ages), scimitars, katanas, polytheism, considerable racial/gender tolerance, and a whole bunch of other things.

Besides, it's fantasy. IMHO, a person in FR has a normal lifespan of 75

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Also, IMO Aerie is probably closer to 16 in human years, which makes a lot of sense to me. This would equate to being like 100 or whatever in Elf years. Basically, if a human like Imoen can develop that much power by her late teens or early twenties (ie 5 years or so adventuring), Aerie could certainly do it sooner. In fact, Elves could probably start adventuring as adolescents for this same reason. You're brain doesn't grow at the same rate your body does, it's all in the knowledge you acquire. Aerie seems pretty young to me. She certainly isn't any more mature that a 20 year old human, that's for damn sure!

17. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Here's the chart for racial aging, ya lazy bums. :p :D

(It's all the way at the bottom).

If Aerie is, say 19, in human terms, then she's about 88 in elven terms.

18. -EnigmA- Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The ten black days during which Jaheira's family was killed was (I think) about 20-22 years before the Bhaalspawn saga and her epilogue states that she was a child by then and grew up in the druid grove, so she could be 35 at most.

That's very young for a half-elf considering her mentality, but druidic training would be very demanding for a spoiled noble girl and would probably have forced her to grow up very fast as would her adventuring life.

19. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I find it interesting to think of Aerie and Viconia as older because in elf years....

???

Aerie is about 15 max pretending to be older. Seriously perhaps 20. She thinks she is older than Jaheira because she is stuck up. Viconia would be late 20s or 30s because she is more worldly wise. When Drizzt arrived in Icewind Dale (the novels here) he was in his 20s (iirc).

I can't see that because someone happens to have a longer life "in total" it means that they mature physically at a slower rate. They end up staying alive longer, no more.

Keep in mind, if Imoen and the PC grew up together in Candlekeep and Imoen is about the same age at 18 then does that make your elf PC a "baby" even physically because of age? I think not.

Jan mentions his second century so he must be quite "over the hill".

Korgan could be over 100 but who would know?

As a Tiefling from another plane Haer'Dalis could even be ageless! I don't mean immortal, I mean "without age"!

Most of the NPCs seem to have fairly standard and believable ages.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Whos having a go at me for romancing a teenager?
    I can if I want to! Its not gross. I am a teenager for Gods sake.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.