1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greatest line a Superhero has ever muttered...

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Nizidramanii'yt, Dec 1, 2004.

1. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Here are some:

Who am I? I'm Spider-Man. - Peter Parker
    With great powers comes great responsibilities. - Peter Parker
    I'm Batman! - Batman
    I'm Batman! - The Riddler (Jim Carey)
    Do I looked like I'm joking? - The Joker (Jack Nicholson)
    Holy Toledo Batman! - Robin (old TV series) :roll:
    You wouldn't like it when I'm angry. - Bruce Banner (Hulk)
    Bond, James Bond - James Bond
    Go ahead, make my day. - "Dirty" Harry Callahan
    What evil lurks in the heart of men? The Shadow knows. - The Shadow (Alec Baldwin) (corrected as pointed out by enagonios)
    Hi-ho Silver... away! - The Lone Ranger
    Luke, I'm your father. - Darth Vader
    Noooooooooooooooo! - Luke Skywalker :grin:
    May the force be with you. - Jedi Knights
    Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
    I hate snakes! - Indianna Jones
    No problemo. - Terminator
    Ooooooooooohhhhohhhhhhohhohhhhhoooo! - Tarzan :shake:
    MOTHER!!! - Norman Bates
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. - Ash

[ December 02, 2004, 07:12: Message edited by: nior ]

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

.... a wrestling fan i see :p

However, Batman would kick the Scorpion Kings's arse any day ;) Hell, if Brendan Frasier could take him, Batman wouldn't even break a sweat :p

@nior

i could be mistaken but isnt the quote from the Shadow "what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"?

3. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You mean "The Phantom"? The one that lives in the Indian Jungle? The one in the purple all body suit? The one with the horse?

He's cool. Sadly I wasn't really able to appreciate it at the time. I think I wasn't even born then...

[ December 02, 2004, 16:12: Message edited by: Jazhara7 ]

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    HO! HO! HO!

(jingle-jingle-jingle)

When I was a kid, the big guy was the ultimate superhero :D :D :p

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

He has a recent (1990's) movie, starring Billy Zane. It was pretty bad haha

6. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Jazhara7: I just pronounced it phonetically. Don't even care what language it is in. Doesn't matter. What do matters is the impact. It must mean somrthing great, I mean...
    Haku Macente!!!

"However, Batman would kick the Scorpion Kings's arse any day [Wink] Hell, if Brendan Frasier could take him, Batman wouldn't even break a sweat"
    - Argh the ignorance ;) We shall see. To me, the Scorpion King is the greatest superhero of all time.

"The Phantom is also a superhero" - What you mean Ben Affleck? :)

"How on earth is The Scorpion King a superhero?" - Ignorance I tells ye!

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    that move was a travesty! *huggles her old comic books*

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Impact eh? It strikes me as sounding very similar to a certain problem-free philosophy... ;) hehe.

Ben Affleck? No, he played Daredevil. Billy Zane played the Phantom. There were only 2 good things about that movie: Kristy Swanson and Catherine Zeta Jones ;)

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In addition to my doubt as to whether the Scorpion King is a superhero, The Joker and The Riddler are also not superheroes, they are supervillains.

Plus, Jazhara7, nobody is too young to have been around when The Phantom was around because he is the Ghost Who Walks so is always around. He's been prowling for the last 400 years or so, IIRC.

Enagonios - I was thinking exactly the same thing (about the 'problem-free philosohy').

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Allright this is a bit offtopic, I mean totally offtopic nut I saw the name Norman Bates in one post and I'm sure I heard it before but I can't remember where or who this Norman Bates is... Help?

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Norman Bates was the proprietor of the Bates Motel in the Alfred Hitchcock movie, Psycho. Nice boy who always took care of his aging mother.

As with a few others, this is stretching the definition of the word "superhero" to breaking point.

12. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I'm 17.

Okay, I tell a bit of a lie. I first saw him in a cartoon (I don't remember the name).

And recetently I even saw one of the movies on TV (only part of it, sadly). That was nice.

From Galaxy Quest:

Dr. Lazarus: By Grabthar's hammer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be avenged!

From MOMO:

Master Hora: I am glad that you have time. Otherwise you would surely take a faster train.

AND

Master Hora: Allow me to tell you a story. I will tell it as though it will happen in the future. Or as though it has already happened. It doesn't make a difference to me.

AND

Master Hora: If the people knew, what death is, they wouldn't be afraid of it. And if they were not afraid of it any longer, nobody would be able to steal their life's time.

...actually many of the lines of Master Hora (his full name is Sekundus Minutus Hora. Now you can guess) are great. I guess you have to know the movie, to get the full meaning of the lines. Or read the book. It is called "Momo" and is by Michael Ende.

13. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

3) Anything said by Ash in any of the Evil Dead movies.
    2) A very close second is (as eveningdrive mentioned) "HELLO! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father, prepare to die!"
    1) My all time fave is actually 2 lines from different points in The Iron Giant when the Giant says to Hogarth "Hogarth, you stay. I go. No following" and a few minutes later - "Supermaaan"

14. nior Gems: 24/31

@HB, regarding over streatching the definition of superheroes, Nizidramanii'yt did say that the thread applies to any movie protagonist or antagonist in the first post. ;)

Back to regular programming:

By the Power of Grayskull... I have power! - He-Man :grin:

15. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"i am your father"
    i don't even have to mention the movie and the character.

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Arthur: Tick, there is no Santa.
    Tick (almost in tears): I know. We killed him.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@teekc

just like that you assume that the people that we acted in star were geeks! the jedi mind trick doesn't work in real life you know :p

@HB
    th thread starter inluded us, thereby including supervillains just so you know :o

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.