1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Greatest character?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Goli Ironhead, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It's got to be (in no particular order) Sarevok, Jaheira, Korgan and Haer'Dalis.

2. Tardazor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The best Males: Minsc in first place, the perfect partner in a good-aligned party, coming after by Jan, the odd-histories-teller, and Yoshimo, the almost perfect thief.
    The worst Males: Anomen, the disagree-with-all badass.
    The best females: Jaheira, the sexy harper, coming after by Aerie, the i-can-use-the limited-wish-spell girl, and Imoen, the positive girl.
    The worst female: I don´t know... Mazzy maybe.

3. knightlight Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Keldorn and Viconia turned out to be incompatible in ToB... not because of the romance thing, but because of that damned Turn Paladin special ability evil clerics get. She kept turning Keldorn!
    *grumbles as Keldorn runs away AGAIN*
    I usually played a Paladin so I actually let Keldorn go back to his family more often than not. Aerie and Jan were best for multiclassing chicanery. Combining illusions and thievery with Jan, or spell sequencing and healing spells with Aerie, added a whole new level of creative combat.

4. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

fave Male: Keldorn
    fave Female: Jaheira

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I haven't played all the way through but I vote for Viconia. Next time I play, I'll make sure I have her on the team for much longer. She's quality.

6. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jaheira, hands down. :love:

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Somehow I knew you'd say that Beren. heh, I must be psychic. :p

8. San Ti Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i would say minsc and edwin!and for the women jaheira and viconia (and i love having them in my party because so many funny dialogs occur)

9. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I like Minsc best, because I like to play melee-type characters and he and I always end up at the front of the battle kicking evil in the butt. Anyone who travels with a hamster gets my vote, and he also has very amusing dialogue. It's funny, 'cause he has a very similar accent to one of my lecturers from last year who was a real lunatic.

I must say that the programmers did a good job of making me feel protective towards Imoen. I smiled and laughed at everything she said, especially the reminisces about Candlekeep. And when Irenicus blasted her in that one dream sequence, I screamed "No!" My mother and sister were in the kitchen and they thought I was under attack.

I like Sarevok too. I'm guessing they figured he'd be popular, as powerful villains tend to be (Sauron anyone?) and they gave him a chance for redemption. I'm glad they did. It's hard to see how anyone who's seen him laugh maniacally in the face of a clutch of demons and proceed to eat their lunches could not, well, join in.

And finally, I like Nalia too, even though I get the impression she's quite unpopular among other players. Who knows, maybe I'm carrying around fantasies about buttoned-down baronesses . . . *tremble* . . . I'd better pull out before I injure myself.

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, Nalia might get considered if her personality got a wee bit (okay, a fair bit) less annoying. As it is...
    Male: Haer'Dalis - as a personality, he is quite something. Edwin might be hilarious, Korgan psychotic, Minsc amusing, and Keldorn wise, but that blade really brings up flavor to the party. Heck, there was one dialog with viconia that makes him a good addition to a party by itself!
    Female: Jaheira. She can be a bitch at times, but there's just something in her personality that can't let me leave her. Imoen is a very close follow-up.

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I like Jaheria - she is tough yet vunerable.

Edwin, Viconia and Korgan will always have a place in my party, even if I am 'good'.

I have Nalia at the moment and she will be great if I can boost her intel to 18 so she can get all those high level spells.

12. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Irenicus

13. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Irenicus must be just about the creepiest villain ever made. If Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer turned evil, I figure he'd sound something like that.

14. Slaadmaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Fav.Male: Sarevok (Hes the man you love to hate!)

Fav.Female: Viconia (Self-obsessed in a nice way :love: )

Special thanks must also go to......
    Xzar for being the nicest person around :good: and a crazy, homicidal maniac who knows dragons with feet like rabbits which he swears is true)

15. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Anomen!

Nah, kidding...

Best Female Characters:

Alora - She's just too sweet. And I like her being always happy

Imoen - I think I don't need to explain this.

Skye - "Let's go shopping!" That line always makes me laugh...

Favourite Male Characters:

Khalid - He's an underdog, and I like underdogs. And he's cool. (I don't really like Jaheira in BG 1. Especially because of her line when you ask her to re-join your group.)

Haer'Dalis - He's cool, and he's funny. I like how he talks.

Minsc (and Boo!) - Best Hamster and Berserker duo ever! ...Only Hamster and Berserker due so far...

Xan - I like how he's pessimistic. He's funny, in a weird way.

I can't say if I like Garrik, although I think he is a nice character. He was killed by Silke, before I could do anything (and I realized too late, that he could join my group later).

16. Geoff Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

That has nothing to do with the programmers.

17. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Roleplaying wise I really can't go without Minsc and Jaheira. Minsc is, despite the low wisdom , probably the wisest person inthe game (talk to the nobleman in the goverment district about the counsil and you'll see why) and Jaheira is the person who keeps looking out for you and even sticks with you when harpers want to take you down. Whatever you say, these are the best friends you could ever ask for!

18. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Minsc...funny, tough, and the only non-mage to have a familiar! :)

19. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

For males, I'd have to go with Minsc, then Irenicus. Joneleth is without a doubt my favorite villain in a video game, surpassing most if not all movie villains as well.

For females, I like Viconia for her razor-sharp sarcasm, and Jaheira 'cause she's just an outstanding person :D

My most hated, in no particular order, would be Nalia (not sure why, but she bugs me), Yoshimo (If it weren't for certain deeds, he'd be on my list of favorites. Death to all betrayers!), and Elhan. Pompous bastard.

20. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Uh, where are all the turniphe... oops, Jan fans?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.