1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Got Thief?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by ejsmith, Oct 3, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] On the first level of level two... if that makes sense is a shrine thing you can lead the buggers to and they explode, happens in patched and unpatched version.

Has anyone had the problem where they install the patch the videos are disabled?

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The video thing is an intel codec deal. You should be able to reinstall the codecs, and it will work fine again.

And there's a shrine? On Thief1, second (real) mission called "Break from Cragscleft"? Are you talking about those two electrical generators, that have electricity running between them, putting out light around the area?

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] no - the little room with the holy water and stained glass windows. - if you are in the corridor facing the electric thing and the corpse-zombie look right and go down and there is a room there.

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The shrine itself makes them explode? and there I was luring them to that place because of the font and wasting water arrows on 'em!

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Whoa, wait a minute Eight.

I was *just* on that level the other day. I've been to www.thief-thecircle.com, and read everything that is Thiefage. I've never read anything even remotely like what you're talking about.

I'm not bashing you or anything like that. I'm just looking to try out something that I've never read about.

I know where the "temple" is. There is a "holy water font" there, which loads you up with thirty seconds of holy water. And there's a couple of holy water bottles lying around. There's also a little treasure, and a healing potion. Normally, there's about 2 (sometimes three) zombies that follow you into that room, and I've always used 4 water arrows to whack them.

Now you're telling me there's some other way.

I have read about luring them to the water pool. I've never bothered with that, since I normally have water arrows to spare (and then some), when the mission is said and done.

I know the majority of that map in my mind. After all the years of Tomb Raider and piloting, I've learned to map things three-dimensionally in my mind. And the area that you're referring to is a large central opening. Like a really big cylinder. There are two generators at the bottom, and an electrical "arc" spanning between them. The sound reflects something like a van de graff generator, and a transformer.

I know, on the expert level, there's a hammer haunt (that doesn't rise) lying in the middle of the walkway. And to the right of that is where I always enter the area from. I jump on the broken bridge, and mantle up to the really steep incline.

I'd like to nail down what you're talking about, and give it a twirl one time.

6. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Its not the shrine. There is this big open are on level 4 of the mines where there is this big "swimming pool".

7. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] It was when I first got onto the level and walked past the corpse - it got up and I though oh... dear and ran for it while the bugger lumbered after me, I ran into the room and filled the arrows and turned round to see the zombie enter, I loaded the bow but he suddenly exploded without me shooting him. Unless he's on a timer or something I presumed it was the shrine area.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.