1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Good beer from your country

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You can't beat and a nice refreshing pint of Carling :D .

Also Fosters (Aussie) is ok. And when I get a few extra quid in me pay packet, I fork out for some Stella Artois :D (Belgian though).

Unfortunately, most beer over in the North of England is bitter, not larger :(

2. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

There are a few decent British lagers out there though, admittedly those that first spring to mind comprise three from Scotland and one from down south (Grozet, Cairngorm, Bear and Chocolate), not entirely sure whether the Cairngorm is still around though. Problem is that everywhere seems to only sell pretty poor lagers (and sadly the same is true with bitters and stouts). Which is a shame as certainly in the case of Carlsberg and (though ownership) Tennants are two companies that sell this, yet actually do have the means to produce a good beer.

Beside with so many different types around, don't just consider lagers and bitters as the only two around. Stout, porter ,mild, lambic, framboise, IPA, rauchbier, brown ale, red ale, weissbier, pale, altbier, barley wine, kriek, and no doubt there are more to be added to that

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Something of a connoisseur L? :)

I must admite, I have not heard of many of those different beers!

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Malaysia is an Islamic country, no Malaysia branded beer for us. The closest one would be Singapore's Tiger (taste like expired milk).

Japan's Kirin
    China's Ching Dao
    Thailand's ... i forget the name, two lions logo.

5. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Moose Drool

Montana brew;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm not much of a conniseur but the two brands of Scottish beer I tend to go for are McEwan's 80/- and Belhaven Best. If I'm allowed to include all British beers here, then I have to admit to being a big fan of Newcastle Brown as well.

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm not really a beer drinker and I am a bit ignorant about it. So forgive me for asking but isn't beer supposed to be bitter?

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

gotta go speights - pride of the south for over a hundred years...

great beer

9. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Morsmordre, it is fair to say I do like to work my way around as many beers as I get the chance too.

Nior, bitter is just one style of beer that is brewed, not all beers are bitter.

10. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Canada has the best beer...

Kokanee
    Big Rock
    Sleeman

11. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Recommended: Erdinger, Weihenstephan and Paulaner

12. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Although there are some decent Dutch beers, I think the Belgians make the best beer in the world (as far as I know...)

At the moment I'm enjoying a Hoegaarden Grand Cru and it's :thumb:

13. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

"American beer is like making love in a canoe:

It's f*cking close to water."

~Monty Python

I guess Sam Adams is ok. They make an awesome winter brew (should be coming around soon!).

14. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Goldstar, it's one of about four beers we make here :o but still I like it more than a lot of foreign stuff

15. Human Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] In South Africa we have local beer that the locals call "Moeti". Its made from fermented maize and it kicks like a ******** (that word is sensored). Anyway, a couple of rounds of that stuff and you'll be in dreamy, dream land. Tastes good though.

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

For my tastes, Carlton Cold is great as is Tooheys Old (but Tooheys New comes close), VB tastes like crap though. Also, recently FHM magazine here did a poll on beer and top of the whole heap from around the world was our very own Coopers! Haven't tried it yet but will soon.

17. Jorgon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Two local(I live in SW Pennsylvania) Breweries are good: Yuengling and Slippery Rock are real good. My area also has many micro-breweries. Iron City Beer is kinda yucky. :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.