1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Going Solo

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Findae Darkblade, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A blade can cast Silmulacrum via the Vhailor's helm, and use the Time Stop scroll.

2. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    They can also set Time Stop Traps.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I believe Vhailor's helm and the robe of Vecna are way overpowered. A blade could do without them and IMO it would be more fun to play.

Need to keep some challenge in the game!

4. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I used to play for two years without bonus merchants. It made no difference, with or without these items, I must admit. Though I do not use the helm of Vhailor much.

With robe of Vecna, it's wise to remember that you can cast a spell only once a round, anyway. So the robe only helps if you use Improved Alacrity, that Blade can never use, anyway.

5. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Except in Tactics. There's a bug in the AI that allows casting classes to cast spells as if they had Improved Alacrity, which is only fair considering your enemies are casting theirs at a rate of 5 per second.

6. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

if you have beaten the game for more than a couple times and you wanna solo dont do it with F/T/M. it is easy and boring. since you have already beaten the game, i guess, you are looking for action and with F/T/M you won't get it

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

In that case...go for the F/M/C!!! :D :D :D

Dual-weild FoA +5 with Crom Faeyr, Improved haste for 9 attacks a round, DUHM for 25 STR, DEX AND Con, Righteous Magic for maximum damage per hit PLUS extra hitpoints, Spirit Armor for Full Plate Mail AC, Globe of Blades and Implosion for extra offence at higher levels...I'm telling you, with the possible exception of the Blade, there is no other class or kit that is as destructive as this multi-class.

And don't get me started on this guy when you're using an XP cap remover. :evil:

8. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

@ Faraaz
    that is also a powerful multiclass. i love trying classes that i dont like when i'm soloing, just for the challenge of it. but i guess i have beaten this game too many times and i usually learn how to use him quickly and get bored. which class can u suggest for soloing that it will be both fun and challenge?

9. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Ranger/Cleric!!

Its fun because you get both Cleric and Druid spells.

Its a challenge because you don't get Time Stop, Breach and Improved Alacrity! :D

But seriously...Ranger/Cleric multiclassed,and maybe SK'd with a Cleric Kit or maybe a Ranger Kit like Stalker would be cool! You could use Staves to backstab, but I dunno why you would want to do that when you can dual-weild.

On a side note, I'm playing through SoA and ToB with a R/C and Aerie. (I finished my Mage/Cleric solo yesterday! :D ) And its a BLAST so far!

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Faraaz, you soloed ToB with your cleric/mage? WOW! I am a fan of cleric/mages and I realy REALY want to know how did you manage it? What levels are you? What equipment and strategy you used forbig battles? (especially I believe the final showdown with Melissan is quite hard to win WITHOUT a fighter type.)

11. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

@ Faraaz
    mage/cleric rules. I used it in my second solo finish. by the way, can you backstab when you are multiclassed to a cleric? iirc you can use only blunt

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Misantrophe:

It's true that Clerics can only use Blunt weapons, but both clubs & quaterstaffs are also usable by thieves, and thus suitable for backstabbing (or should that be backsmacking?)

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I had a half orc cleric/thief and he was excellent. For backstabbing I use clubs (I never had much luck with quartrestaff backstabbing) and for normal combat I switch to flails or maces.

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Backstabbing with a club? Makes no sense to me. I know thieves can use them still...it is likely a glitch or bug.

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Think of backstabbing with a club or staff more as a surprise attack by knocking out someone from behind rather than actually 'stabbing' them.

16. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31

@ The Magpie
    backsmacking! i loved that term. it suits better

17. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

A thief of somesort is the ultimate solo character. I cannot help but think that a mage/thief would gain EXP very quickly with learning spells, disarming traps and opening locks. The only problem is that backstabbing is not so good.

18. Deuce Gems: 5/31

@ Cesard the Fir Bolg

Say hello to my little friend "Tenser's Transformation." Cast it and you now have THAC0 based on a fighter the same level as your Mage. You can't cast spells until it expires, but with the proper use of a Mislead spell, you'll be backstabbing the heck out of everything and won't need spells for the duration.

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Thanks, I shall try that one out. I think its a 5 or 6th level spell that I never used before, but now it seems more useful.

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Heh. I never thought spells like Tenser's Transformation would go unused!! Especially by solo characters like Mage/Thieves, considering it was practically made for them!

How else would a solo mage kill Kangaxx?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.