1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Going back to the squares

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Crom the Powerfull, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ive read that you can go back to complete the battlesquares once nickademius summons you. However, once I was there in normal mode, the Ice golem was gone, and I couldnt trigger the staves to get the games started.

Im in HOF, just passed the ice temple since I was tired of the squares after level 5.

now before I step into oswolds airship later, I want to know if I had some kind of bug, or that going back later has been disabled in the latest official patch ?

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I havent been able to manage that either. I was most annoyed, since I left the squares, hoping to complete them once I had leveled a bit. I havent tried it on HOF, but it isnt a bug on normal.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

No Crom.
    Beating the Beastlord Harshom is the last thing you can do before you return to finish the squares.
    If you go to the outside of Black Raven Monastry map, you can't return to the squares.

4. Daragnia Onyj Snererme Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Oh i wondered about that to well anyways the battle squares never seemed worth it to me. The stuff you were supposed to get in HOF mod i never got so i just gave up on it.

5. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The dragonsbelt you get is a nice improved version over the one you got in normal mode.

The Axe is exactly the same

The armor is quite a lot better in damage reduction, not in AC IIRC

The wisdom potion is the same, but very much worth it.

I dont remember the other thing I got until level 5. The club of disruption is probably the same as well and doing level 7+ in HoF seems a bit hard to me.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

IIRC only the reward for the first two ranks change. The others stay the same.

What do the ramdom treasures you get for finishing each level in a rank look like? Anything good?

7. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

yep, possible lvl9 spell gods shield (sp?) some very expensive +5 darts. generally useful ammo and expensive gems.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.