1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

God and BBQ’s

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Splunge, do you ever make DESSERT on the grill, or roasted potatoes? Try making up some packets in double thicknesses of aluminium foil and tucking them into the coals:

* Whole sweet onions (Vidalia, Walla Walla, etc.), peeled and rubbed with bit of oil
    * Apples that have been cored, then the holes filled with a mixture of butter, brown sugar, raisins, nuts, and spices
    * Potatoes or yams, pricked and rubbed with oil
    * Stone fruit (peaches, plums, apricots), halved and pits removed, with sugar, butter, and spices. Leave these on the grates and serve over ice cream later.

Is that different enough for you? :roll: ;) :D

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Besides various pieces of meat, I also like banana desserts from the BBQ. Just put a banana on the BBQ to get it nice and warm, put whiped cream on it, with a bit of brown sugar and some Cointreau (orange liqueur) and you have yourself a delicious dessert when barbecueing.

[ April 22, 2004, 19:42: Message edited by: Mesmero ]

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm - BBQ'd desserts - now THAT's different! :D

Yes, I've tried the roasted potatoes. Grilled veggies are nice, too. We have a metal tray with holes, and grill them uncovered in that.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I just ate a wonderful grilled steak. So tender a plastic knife cut with the slightest of pressure.

I dont understand what you people have against starter fluid!. When you grill stuff outside on a charcoal grill it is supposed to taste like coal and starter fluid! Thats the beauty of it! Half a bottle of starter fluid per grilling occasion. Electric coil thingies are for pussies.

PS: I tend to use the word barbecue in English instead of grilling because grilling feels so "Swenglish", ie grilla is the word in Swedish, which probably is borrowed from English. Or it could of course be a really ancient word which hasnt changed meaning since the two languages split apart. I bet those viking raiders loved to sit outside in the spring grilling their meat and drinking their mead.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Both. Plus some paper and assorted poles and sticks so that it finally started burning :shake:

Sausage be my choice. Shashlik next. Followed by salmon slices.

6. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Souvlaki, tuna steaks, sardines, squid, pork sausages, spareribs, hamburgers.

As for the fuel: I only use charcoal. It doesnt't take too long when you use lawnmower fuel or 85% ethanol to start the fire... :D

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Mesmero - Grilling bananas must be a European thing...I'd never heard of it until a few friends from the UK came over for dinner. They brought bananas that we cooked on the grill, mixed in whipped cream, nuts and chocolate sauce. It was fantastic!!!

I'll have to try it with the Cointreau & brown sugar.

8. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

A nice kebab! (I just spent a short spell in Glasgow, kingdom of kebabs ;) )

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Things I'd like to grill on charcoal:
    Marc Dutroux
    Yu-Gi-Oh Fans
    K3
    Osama

Burn them all black, so you won't have to eat them.

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

dogs taste great on the bbq mmmm but cats and birds are a bit iffy

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.