1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Girls, I mean no offence, but...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sydax, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I don't get all this "Women are from venus, Men are from mars" crap. Men and Women are just 2 sides of the same god damn coin. We differ very slightly, it's just the environment each gender has evolved in that makes these slight differences grow out of proportion. Remove these mere trivialities and (apart from tempermant and method of urination) you realise each sexs' behaviour is as formulaic as the other.

People are extremely easy to read. Women and Men are people. Women are just as easy to read as Men...they just have more buttons.

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yes, the same DAMN coin. I want my own. :grin:

True, not always; just as there are girly men and manly girls, so there are women like this too -a minority inside the majority, and this only to make it harder to reason out. :shake:

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Gehn, when you truly can understand women -like I can- then you'll know you can't understand them. :)

Superficially, men and women do actually appear very similar. But on emotional level and how they let out these emotions, they're completely different. Not to mention that women are illogical. But then I already said that. ;)

4. Gehn Gems: 7/31

@Wirhe - Lol

@ Foradasthar - Haha, yes you did, and yes they are. But, all i'm trying to say is that all these people who have so many uneccessary preconceptions and "Oh why are women so hard to read (whine whine whine)?" problems should just chill the hell out, stop thinking we're so far apart, look at the things in which we are somewhat dissimilar, accept that, and then stop bending everyones ears and wasting everyones time.

Of course we are different, but like I said, "mere trivialities". Some people watch waay too many soaps and romance dramas. Then they make the gap between women and men an overglorified subject.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The "can't be understood" thing is a shallow excuse for not trying. People want to understand but they don't want to think. That isn't how it works.

A diligent beholder will learn. A whiner will keep whining and learn nothing.

6. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Girls are purty. ;)

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Or they both get smacked: one for whining and the other for staring her breasts. Didn't someone say just a little while ago that men think only boobs? (Which is true: I'd rather discuss about boobs than women). If women would be just as simple, there wouldn't be problems at all. :)

I blame the women.

8. Gehn Gems: 7/31

@Chev - Bang on! That's exactly what I mean.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Aah, a man (I presume) that doesn't let his judgement be clouded by clichés or common truths.

You go, Gehn. :D

you go too, chev ;)

And Wirhe, you do realise that women sometimes feel just the same way about men, don't you? Exaggerating the relative small differences there are between the two sexes won't solve any problems you might encounter. You are not as simple as you'd like to be, hell no human is simple. But as said, a good observer will find out what's going on eventually. Empathy being rather helpful in such occasions.

10. chevalier

Media:
    There still needs to be some fine balance between exaggerating the differences and ignoring them. That balance is key ;)

Hey, they must be some differences. That's why I date girls and not guys, right? :lol:

Oh dear... well, there certainly are differences. It's only people don't get them. They're trying to overcome them instead of actually enjoying them the way it was intended.

The differences about which people complain the most are actually not the hardcoded biological diversities, but social issues probably coming down to upbringing or maturing.

It may be safely concluded that both genders blow equally hard :shake: :p

11. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Oh man, what a debate; well, I just asked some girls if THEY know some girls like the "joke" is telling about...
    By the way, I know lots of girls that are very much less complicated than some guys, but, the real thing is that sometimes girls make a simple trouble a very big issue; or the famous: "one rule for you, for us another": you can't go out with your friends UNLESS I go with you BUT I CAN go out with my girlfriends; and NO MATTER what you do, much of the time, if you went out, surely she'll say that you was cheating on her. But of course, those are few, mine isn't like that ;)

12. chevalier

Media:
    As everything of this world, it comes down to logic. Or lack thereof, to be precise. Double standards suck, no matter what. Something's wrong when someone starts requiring more than he or she gives to the other person.

As I see it, there's nothing wrong in hanging out with friends (including one to one with friends of opposite gender) even if you aren't single. Dating, however, is a problem. Very much depends on very personal details like what exactly people have promised to or expect from each other, but it's always meant to be exclusive if it's a real relationship. If something violates that exclusivity, it's wrong. If it doesn't, there are no reasons to worry or get angry.

If a girl speaks about cheating when she sees her guy talk to another girl, something is wrong either with her or with her upbringing. It comes down to what meaning people associate with certain gesture or behaviour. I've known various people... On one hand, sometimes people referred to some of my casual friends as girlfriend or even wife (sic) basing on how they judged the way we behaved. On the other hand, I've known girls who would feel cheated if you greeted a friend with a cheek peck - despite they didn't even call the meeting a date, nor you a date or a boyfriend or whatever.

The former "type" would hang out with friends like normal and expect you to behave the same way. The latter "type" could feel hurt and cheated if you went out with a female friend. People are different and all "types" have advantages and disadvantages. Men surely aren't different from women on this one. Problems begin when someone doesn't feel cheated (or neglected, or abandoned) by your meeting opposite gender friends, but simply assumes any such meeting will have a follow-up unless you're watched carefully. That's sick.

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    That last diagram is so true.

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well, I was not too long ago ejected from a relationship with a female (physically - woman, mentally - girl) who got very jealous of me even waving hello to girls I know if they drove past! The relationship started okay but the constant rubbish rumours of me cheating slowly got the better of her no matter how hard I tried to convince her that the rumours were lies (and they were). So, no matter how hard I try to understand and 'enjoy' the differences as referred to by chev, I have yet to run into anything other than a brick wall.

But still
    They certainly are. :love:

I have a lifetime membership to the bomb squad, even after 2 world-levelling whoppers and 5 room-shaking explosions.

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

If women are explosives, then -if what Uytuun said is true- so are men, thus there has to be all-female bomb-squads too.

...I have some explosives in my pants -want to "defuse" them? :grin:

16. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have the intelligence to know there is an explosive in the pants putdown joke here but I have the wisdom not to use it. :good:

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Aw, c'mon; don't be such a bore. I'm sure you would just love to demonstrate ball-busting in action. :shake:

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ok, enough of that for one topic. :rolleyes:

19. chevalier

Media:
    Well, I think there are men who act like your ex as well. I guess it comes down to two things: 1)maturing, 2) attitude. As for 1), as you mature, things get more and more physical. When you're adult you get more physical with casual friends than you did with girlfriends (boyfriends) when you were a child. Some people stop at a certain stage and don't progress further, meaning they will react like school children when they're in their twenties. As for 2), it divides people in two groups: those who meet someone, fall in love and want a relationship, and those who first of all want to be in a relationship, sufficing with little if they can't find a better candidate, and simply upgrading to a better model once it's found. Your ex seems to be of the latter type, but it isn't limited to women.

If you ask me, it's a firing squad. And I'll always refuse the blindfold.

20. ShaineCoradara Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hehehe...I don't read instructions. I got it from my dad...I hate instructions; they're useless...
    nerdy roleplaying games are fun :)
    LMFAO

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.